Please help

Alex142

Hi

I'm playing a game for the GameCube on dolphin
It's on the lowest settings and it just 70% speed

But this game is also for ps2 should I get this version and play it using pcsx2

Good to know

That ps2 games that I'm playing on pcsx2 are too for wii I have Also the wii versions

Pcsx2 runs them Best settings at full speed
But on dolphin they are around 70%

So should I change to ps2 emulation and which console is the best by the graphics ps2 or GameCube

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think your config maybe out of wack, ps2 games should not really run faster then wii/GameCube. Dolphin has a guide for speeds ups. Dolphin much like ps2 wants a fast chip. A 4.0 is a good target. For both, a 4 core will help by giving the OS something to play with and to leave the two cores for the emulator to take over. Also a 64 bit os will help and so does > 2 gig of ram. I have 100% dolphin emulation on my system and ps2 also plays well. Before I upgraded I could play dolphin game but not ps2. Just make sure you have dolphin configure right for you.

Alex142

To tell the truth.... I don't know how to confine that emulator its really hard but pcsx2 has a guide it's shows me how to.

And I have

Windows 7 32 bit
Intel core i3 3.3ghz
4g ram
n GeForce 520 gt 1 g I know that my graphics card is not good

So in pcsx2 I let my CPU to do the graphics not my graphics card I mean I don't remember I think that is software or hardware in the graphics config in pcsx2

And dolphin has a lot of issues like in my game you can't thee the map or even see the clock and I have some lines on the screen. So I think that ps2 emulation is better

testmachine

Old member
your graphics is good,Processor is great,only that you don't know how to configure the pcsx2.It's pretty easy.When you first startup your pcsx2 r4600 (the newest release) a configuration guide ui will pop up.Just follow the given instructions.
+Make sure your DX9 is up to date
+make sure your gfx drivers are up to date
So that's pretty much it.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
For me I think Dolphins 'faster' than pcsx2 because my processor can't run pcsx2 but it can run Dolphin. Mind you I can only just play games at a playable speed on Dolphin.