please help me!!!!!

ashlee

hello i've got a little problem....i have instaled The Sims 2 (original) and now i'm trying to install the expansion packs (not original). the instalation runs perfectly until they ask me about cd4 of The Sims 2 for an update check.....I insert the cd and press ok but then a message appears saying that the update check wasn't successful...i press ok and the game starts uninstaling. please i need help...i can't update my sims 2 and without the update i can't enjoy the game (i already tried the patch...didn't work) . what should I do to install the game? please... help me :(

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You could try getting a legitimate bought version of the expansion packs. They should be compatible with the Original Sims 2 that you've got. It sounds like they aren't shaking hands with the copy of the Sims 2 so either the original product key is dodgy or the product key on the pirated expansion packs is dodgy (more likely).

ashlee

I already solved the problem...I installed my Sims 2 update by working with my computer in safe mode...so i updated the game and then the instalation of the expansions worked just fine :)

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Good to hear. But what FatTrucker reminded me of someone that had trouble with Half Life 2 mods because it was a ripped version of the game he had >_>.