playstation

goodguy

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Does anyone know where i can download a windows 7 compatible emulator for the playstation x.

I have done a search for psx but just keep getting pc emulators for the playstation one which is an entirely different console.

Many thanks in advance. John.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Isn't PSX just another way of saying PS1?

testmachine

Old member
PSX and PS1 are the same console.There is no Playstation X.Your search will always redirect you to playstation 1.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
PS-X (PlayStation Experimental) was an internal code name for the PlayStation during development. Just like vista was a code name for windows 7 and Longhorn was a code name for vista. Also Chicago was a code name for windows 95 and whistler was the code name for xp. I think me's code name was Millennium even though me was millennium edition. Ah useless info anyways...

Anyways yes there was no "playstation x" only 1 2 and 3. the first PS is referred to as Playstation ( no need for a suffix )

Last edited:

goodguy

Hi. Many thanksfor the replies.

I did a google search for playstation x and the first return was from wikipedia which states

"PSX (also known as PlayStation X) was a Sony digital video recorder with fully integrated PlayStation and PlayStation 2 video game consoles. Since it was designed to be a general-function audiovisual device, it was marketed by the main Sony Corporation and was released in Japan on December 13, 2003. It was the first Sony product to utilize the XrossMediaBar (XMB). The fact that it was extremely expensive resulted in a lack of consumer interest. As a result, like the Nintendo 64DD, another failed item of video game hardware, the PSX was never released outside Japan."

I have a whole load of roms for this machine so was wondering if an emulator existed, or perhaps advice on any direction to go from here.

Many thanks.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
I don't think an emulator exists combining both PS consoles, you will need to get seperate ones, and there is no 'PSX' emulator at all.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I have a whole load of roms for this machine so was wondering if an emulator existed
I think your confused on how this works? First off roms dont go to machines they go to games. You rip the game in to a rom. Now to play that rom you need to emulate the information that is on that rom. So saying something like the above the make absolutely no sense at all?

Second, there are many devices that run games like that. Its not a "new" system, its just emulating their own systems. this PlayStation X thing ( granted I never heard of it ) is nothing more then a dvr with PS1 and 2 hardware in it. So if you want to play the games get a PS2 or PS1 emulator? If you want the features of this PSX then buy it or build an emulator box.

Last edited: