Emulator Problem: Playstation emulator

Paul

I'm trying to run Mega Man 8 on either ePSXe 1.5.2 or the 1.6.0 version. Which version should I use? And how do I get Mega Man 8 to load on whichever version would be the best so I can play it? If anyone can provide me with all the instructions on how to do this, I'd appreciate it alot.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I'm trying to run Mega Man 8 on either ePSXe 1.5.2 or the 1.6.0 version. Which version should I use? And how do I get Mega Man 8 to load on whichever version would be the best so I can play it? If anyone can provide me with all the instructions on how to do this, I'd appreciate it alot.

http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=1140

Sticky at the top of the board.
Sometimes its ok every once in a while to try a bit of reading and working stuff out for yourself.

For the most part people are happy to help people who get stuck or to get them started but so far it looks like every single system you've tried to emulate you just stick a post up asking people to do everything for you....won't get a lot of goodwill that way mate TBH. If you aren't prepared to put the time and effort in, maybe emulation just isn't your thing.

Paul

I followed all the instructions but everytime I click on Maga Man 8 it doesn't play, instead the emulator shuts down on its own. What should I do FatTrucker?

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
It will be a .zip or a .rar file.

Doesn't make a lot of difference though, if you use Winrar it will open either type of file.

Paul

Everything you're telling me to do doesn't work FatTrucker. I still can't get Mega Man 8 to load on Playstation 1.6.0. Do you know of anyone else on here that can help me? If yes, tell me who's more of an expert on this then you. If you can't tell me who's more of an expert then you then can you tell me where to put all the things I downloaded according to the instructions? I need to know where to put the Winzip or WinRAR file, the Playstation BIOS file, and the plugins file. The instructions you gave me say something about a hard drive, but I don't have a hard drive. Also I followed all the instructions for the 1.5.2 version on Coolrom, but I still had no luck with the emulator. I hope you can help me with this further if you don't know someone who's more of an expert on this then you.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I'm not telling you to do anything, I told you to read the stickied 'ePSXe how to' on the boards.

Everything needs to be unzipped, put your bios in the folder with ePSXe, use the config menu's from the toolbar to set the path you've put the bios and any plugins into, select file, then run ISO and browse to the location of the disk image you want to boot....simple as that.

It covers all that and more in the guide though, so you really shouldn't be having too many problems.

You don't need to be an 'expert'. Just about anyone on the boards can tell you how to get it running, because using the guide its very, very straightforward.

Last edited:

Paul

FatTrucker, can you tell me the name of the Folder I need to put the bios in with ePSXe? Can you also tell me how to set the path I put the bios and plugins into? If you can answer these two questions I might finally be able to get the emulator up and running.