PCSX2 Problem

Yusuke198

Hi there, new user here. Anyway, I recently downloaded the PCSX2 PS2 emulator, and when I boot it up and configure it, it goes away and does nothing...I'm not going to download any other emulator because this is the only one I like. So, anyone willing to help an emulator n00b? :)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Hi !
There are no good PS2 emulators out there.a good PS2 emu will come out in 2-3 years from now.Why bother for 5-10 fps maximum in some game,with glitchy graphics ?
Why do you like this one ? Do you have the PS2 bios ?
Which game are you trying to run ?

Yusuke198

I can see that there aren't any good emulators out for the PS2...how long has the PS2 been out...maybe 4, 5 years?

I like this one because based on the screenshots I've seen, It doesn't have any of the code comands (like the text that tells how the game plays...man, what am I saying? I'm talking about the command promt) right next to the screen. I only like the big picture, in this case, the screen.

I'm not trying to get any games running right now, I plan to get some of my PS2 games on my desktop using some software I have to buy.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I'm not trying to get any games running right now, I plan to get some of my PS2 games on my desktop using some software I have to buy.
You got me confused here.
What software do you want to buy ? What do you mean getting PS2 games on your desktop ?

PCSX2 is easy to configure.If you know ePSXe it's even easier.

Yusuke198

What I'm talking about is using this software (Deleted by me)
It is easy to configure, but after I configure it, it just goes away and I have to configure it again.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Now...for the truth:
Those guys lie about XBOX and PS2.
You can however make working copies/backups of your original PS2 games.But not to be run on a PS2 emu on PC.

Last edited:

Yusuke198

Deleted it. Sorry 'bout that.

So your saying is that even if i do get the emulator working, the game won't work?

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You want to play a backup on your PS2 ? It will work,YES.

You want to play a PS2 disc on PCSX2...it will barely move and look horrible.

Yusuke198

Ah, that's what's you mean! I tried the actuall disk once when I had a PS2 emulator, then I didn't know anything about emulators at all. I was such a moron then...:p . Anyway, about the emulation...why is it just exiting out when I configure it?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
What are you trying to configure when it's exiting/closing ?

Yusuke198

Let's see, the Graphics, the first controller, the CDvdrom, the USB, the Sound, the Second controller, Dev9, the Firewire and the Bios. Nothing is in the bios.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
What do you mean nothing is in the bios ?
I wanted to know exactly what you click before it closes,let's say you click on Video then configure here and there,then click OK and ...GONE !
Is that it ?

You are from a non-english country,yes ? Don't take it personally,I just wanna know,'cuz I'm having trouble understanding what you mean.

Yusuke198

When I go under Bios, there is nothing there. When I say configure everything, I mean I just double check if everything is configured, I click on Ok,the configuration page closes and nothing happens.

Out of this country? T.T I don't blame you for having trouble understanding what I am saying, it's just becuase I'm new to emulation, and I don't even know half the stuff I have to do to get this emulator working.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Well I think I asked you before...Do you have the PS2 BIOS ?
Google for it,if you don't.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
No problem. ;)