pcsx2 - fps and translation

hey i set up pcsx2 and it works great except for the fps being relatiely slow on ffX-2 which i heard about it having problems so i tried it< my computer can run it no doubt so thats why i want to know how to adjust the fps also does anyone know if there is a translation plugin that can transllate a language(japanese) into english for say foreign games ive bought:confused:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
hey i set up pcsx2 and it works great except for the fps being relatiely slow on ffX-2 which i heard about it having problems so i tried it< my computer can run it no doubt so thats why i want to know how to adjust the fps also does anyone know if there is a translation plugin that can transllate a language(japanese) into english for say foreign games ive bought:confused:

There's no such thing as a general plugin that translates games. I doubt there will ever be. not one that works well, anyway.

What do you mean your "computer can run it"? Tell us your computer specs, what version of PCSX2 you are using, which plugins you have and what region your game is, and we might to help you better.

well i heard that final fantas X-2 had fps problems< but the guy who ran it ended up having not enough power, the region is U.S., my computer has
amd 9550 quad core, 4 gb ram, 500 gb hdd, evga 8600 1gb card< running on vista ultimate 64 bit, i set up the emu as well as i could, i have the best plugins that i could find and it runs the games no problem, but hitman blood money runs but has major problems visually and running speed, and final fantasy X-2 runs great besides the speed and the every once in a while glitchy graphics, when i didnt limit the fps it ran way to fast and when i did it ran way to slow, basicly..... help please

oh i know what your talking about i remember that from when i was setting it up< but i just tried and i dont have those options anymore wat version of gsdx are u talking about cuz im using 9, still though it doesnt give me that option

i set the mtgs on though and it plays in a normal speed then a slower and fluxuates a little, that and the graphics are still choppy almost like the rendering time for the game is being delayed for a few seconds

well i used zerogs kosmos and the graphics are great or i guess were, it ran too fast so i stopped it and configured it but now the game wont even run it just brings me to the basic ps2 system screen??

i guess i should just ask for some preferences on plugins and settings first, set it up according to someone who has it working great and then ask questions from there...

kakashi

hi i have one problem when i start pcsx2 there is :excl:"you must upload direct X"
"there no GS files" what must i do? pls help me because i have plugins(all plugins)

Last edited: