Paper Mario "Cache: Failed to translate: 0"

XshmishX

Teh Noob
I noticed there's already been a post on this topic, but it seemed kinda dead and thought I shouldn't bump it up, so...I've just gone through the little Twink/Peach cutscene on Paper Mario and it brings up what the title says *points up*.

I've tried changing the video plug-in between Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 and 1.6, and also the Input plug-in from from DirectInput7.16 and Nrage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a like the old post said :D (search "paper mario error" if you need to) and still no luck.

I try not to mess around with the setting too much, cause I have a tendency to blow stoof up...well, not really...but it's bound to happen at some point.

Any help would be great =3

Jale

Well, I've never seen that error message before, so I don't know what can be the cause. Trying another Paper Mario ROM may solve the problem.

XshmishX

Teh Noob
Well, I guess I did say any help is good :D. Shame I use Project64, although I got 1964 and all the ground is black when I play, so I'll try your advice anyways, thank you! :)

XshmishX

Teh Noob
Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm using the (E) version of the game, anyone know where I can get the (U) from?

XshmishX

Teh Noob
YAY! I found a US version and it's working fine, the little bits of flickering I can handle :D. Thanks for the help guys!

yoshifan444

I have the exact same problem. At the end of the Peach Twink scene a error pops op, its says ''Cache: Failed to translate 0'' then when you click ''OK'' another error pops up and says ''Cache Failed to translate 20'' etc. How do you solve this problem? Please tell me! I don't want to start all over again!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
the user above fixed the problem by downloading a new rom image. If you would have read thru this info it would have been clear. Also given the post is 7 years old, it would have been better to start a new one and just linked this thread for reference.