Ocarina Help!!!

super mario

am at the water temple now. here is the problem: i got the longshot and everything, when i go to the 2nd floor there is an eye and you must use arrows to open the gate and longshot to a gray circle there. when i open the gate i cannot aim at the gray circle properly.... usualy it goes outside of the gray area.
what can i do?
please help.

Jale

-_-u

I'll be more direct with you. Click here, press Ctrl + F if you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox and type wlk16. That will take you right to the Water Temple guide.

Last edited:

nonlinear

hey man,

not to be an ass or anything, but you would save yourself a lot of time by just grabbing a walkthrough off the web somewhere (there are thousands....). i just copy the text into a text file, and use CTRL+F to find the word or phrase i'm looking for, that way you doin't have to read it and spoil anything.

additionally, this isn't really the proper forum for getting gameplay tips... this is a forum about emulation. if you need help, there are dedicated zelda forums out there.

sorry to be an ass, just trying to help. good luck :)

super mario

thanks for the reply guys. i wasint sure where to post for help. i also looked for breakthroughs and it was helpful. but i would prefere to see a visual walk through.

Golbez

when i go to the 2nd floor there is an eye and you must use arrows to open the gate and longshot to a gray circle there. when i open the gate i cannot aim at the gray circle properly.... usualy it goes outside of the gray area.
what can i do?
please help.

Sorry to resurrect dead threads. I searched through some 15 of them to find exactly this question, at exactly this level and spot. On the Project64k emulator, I'm stuck because I can only move in fixed increments, and the target is far enough away that it falls perfectly in between the two smallest increments I can move. It is impossible for me to hit it. Is there some way to adjust the size of the increments? Some plug-in or something? I have access to the walk-throughs, and they're not what I need. Thank you.

Edit - Okay, so I need to adjust the deadzone for PJ64k. Its default setting is at 25%, and that accounts for the gaps I skip over. I'd like to drop it to 20 or 15% so I can hit those ranges in between. Anyone know how I can customize the deadzone using a keyboard (no controller?) The help manual seems to suggest this isn't likely :(

Last edited:

Golbez

Nevermind. Someone figured out that the N-Rage controller plug-in can adjust the analog stick. So lowering that gave me a fuller range of motion, which is what I needed. Thanks though.

alexxi

back from hell
am at the water temple now. here is the problem: i got the longshot and everything, when i go to the 2nd floor there is an eye and you must use arrows to open the gate and longshot to a gray circle there. when i open the gate i cannot aim at the gray circle properly.... usualy it goes outside of the gray area.
what can i do?
please help.
I remember this part back when i was playing oot, i didn't know much about configuring the plugins and since it was impossible for me to do I used the levitate cheat on PJ64.