NO$GBA

Jademalo

People say its brilliant. its great..

Nope.

i cant get any DS games 2 work, i hav the bios, AND THE FIRMWARE.BIN IS NOWHERE ON THE INTERNET!!!

any advice? (that will still be inside the forum rules)

and btw, why cant the firmware b posted? it isnt exactly a rom..

(im not requesting the firmware btw. im just saying that NO$GBA are a bit thick not allowing you to use what they made unless you have some impossible to find files)

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Firmware/Bios is protected by copyright the same as games. So there is no discernable difference.

Last edited:

mugi

No$gba will still work without those files. Why don't you tell us the errors you're getting.

Fhavio

Pokemon I catch u
Well errors??
the only error that is fucking my head is the snapshots
why that guys don't put in first of all the saves right?? why??
Nobody go to play if the rule is begin the game always we entered
in it.. is stupid, i hope they fix that early..

Questions:
Someone knows how to save the game and continue to play in the next time we go there, a "cheat" to make this???
And if someone know a prevision to the next release of No$gba??

Maxdknife

Well errors??
the only error that is fucking my head is the snapshots
why that guys don't put in first of all the saves right?? why??
Nobody go to play if the rule is begin the game always we entered
in it.. is stupid, i hope they fix that early..

Questions:
Someone knows how to save the game and continue to play in the next time we go there, a "cheat" to make this???
And if someone know a prevision to the next release of No$gba??

if you wanna save games, use VBA, it works allright with my saves.

and no, nobody knows the next release date of no$gba. you'll have to wait like the rest of us.

spotanjo3

All emulators will not have the date of release because it will annoying them and they can shit it down if you care about when will it released, etc. is going to be annoying, really. :)

Jademalo

with any game i boot it says "game card error. please re-insert"

i checked my roms on other emulators and theyre fine..

oh, and found the firmware :p

the language is set to french...

:(

gamefreak98

with any game i boot it says "game card error. please re-insert"

i checked my roms on other emulators and theyre fine..

oh, and found the firmware :p

the language is set to french...

:(
To correct the game card error set the correct save type (DS Backup Media). The most common are EEPROM64KBYTES and FLASH512KBYTES.

whsemngr

You don't need the firmware or bios anymore to load up the roms. Make sure you're not using encryted roms as these are not necessary anymore as well. Use the following as your default setup and most games will load. If they don't, you only need to change the NDS Cartridge Backup Media.

Options > Emulation Setup > Reset/Startup Entrypoint = Start Cartridge directly / GBA Mode = VGA (poppy bright) / NDS Cartridge Backup Media = EEPROM 0.5Kbytes > OK > Options > Save Options > Reset Cartridge

Jademalo

You don't need the firmware or bios anymore to load up the roms. Make sure you're not using encryted roms as these are not necessary anymore as well. Use the following as your default setup and most games will load. If they don't, you only need to change the NDS Cartridge Backup Media.

Options > Emulation Setup > Reset/Startup Entrypoint = Start Cartridge directly / GBA Mode = VGA (poppy bright) / NDS Cartridge Backup Media = EEPROM 0.5Kbytes > OK > Options > Save Options > Reset Cartridge

Yay!! it all works now!! thanks!!
:)

Teeferbone

Hey guys, I just got a new NDS rom, came out recently. After experimenting with several emulators -- iDeaS, and the nintendo-made emulator, no$gba is the only one I can get to run it. This isn't a problem aside from the fact that I can't save. I'm not sure if "write snapshot" is the same as "save game," but it's a moot point since whenever I try to "load snapshot" the emulator exits and I get the message "The Rom-image has crashed." Any advice guys?

spotanjo3

Just forget the wrute snapshot and load snapshot for they are only for gba roms. Nds will not work with this. Read the changelog because it didnt say anything about nds so it wont worked. Disable the gbabios in the options and save and you will be fine.

jizzo

Banned
i dont have gba bios in my options
will it save if i use an in game save