NO$GBA n00b

CIPE

MSK
ok yes im a noob but when i install it and open it all i get is a white box iv have used search and didnt find anything to really help if anyone would like to help walk me through it my msn is -- DELETED -- add me. i know some of you are gana be mean about this but i used to have a ds and long story short it ended up in the goodwill. i would really like to play it again and this is the closet i can get to one for a while. i need those 3 files i know you cant talk about them but if somone could help me out through msn it would be greatly appreciated. thanks for you time in reading this and i hope i get good replys or somthin that might be able to help me out.

ok iv gottin biosds7.rom and the firmware im still lookin for biosds9.rom but now its loaded and says unable to read data please turn off power and re-insert ds card. before it would just show a white screen then close. so i must have done somthing right. but the bios and firmware dont need a spicific file correct? they just go in there with the rest of the stuff ex: its saved in c:/NO$GBA it just goes in the same file correct? any help with setting it up would be great thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

Jale

• We don't allow discussion in how to get illegal material, even on MSN, primarily by using this board to post your MSN. The forum has a profile where you can put your MSN, but don't post it in a forum/thread/post.
  • Don't double post.
  • In recent NO$GBA versions, you don't need BIOS anymore.

Last edited:

CIPE

MSK
sorry yea i wasnt sure about the bios thing thanks for the reply and that helped a bunch wont happen again:D

Jale

Forgot to mention, to avoid the "Unable to read data" errors, try playing with the save type in the emulator's options.

CIPE

MSK
ok now iv have gottin past that unable to read but now its making like a poping noise and shoing a white screen then says rom image has crashed. any idea how to get past that? again sorry for the noobish questions i would just really like to get this thin going because iv been tryin for like for like 4 hours and i keep getting closer and closer but still cant seem to get it

ok i got past the crash part now its just 2 white screens? any advice?

Last edited:

Jale

DS emulation throught NO$GBA is still under development, so don't expect a fully playable game at a decent speed. Some games will crash like you said, but it could also be due to a bad ROM.

spotanjo3

DS emulation throught NO$GBA is still under development, so don't expect a fully playable game at a decent speed. Some games will crash like you said, but it could also be due to a bad ROM.

No, you are wrong. That's not what he said. He is obviously new to no$gba. He need to change to the correct save type. ;)

CIPE,

Here it is:

NDS Cartridge Backup Media:

loo.jpg

Here it is:

1. Open up your no$gba emulator and select your nds game then go to OPTIONS>EMULATION SETUP and you notice GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo), right ? Well, change it to Start Cartridge directly for NDS roms so your roms will not crashes because what you have is require encrypted and firmware and you don't need that because you do not know what it is and you are new so you do not need to do that. Now, for the save type... Change it to EEPROM 64k for the most games. Then, go to Option>Save option and click it to save.

Alright, now... Click Ok then click File>Reset Cartridge and you are ready to go. Please understand that some games will not accept EEPROM 64k so change to whatever savetype is then Click Save option then RESET CARTRIDGE as always then you should be ok. :)

ENJOY!

Last edited: