NINTENDO 64 EMULATOR - INFORMATION

furrynick

Captain America
Well u guys I have been planning to download the latest version of the Nintendo 64 emulator - Project v1.7 The question that I have for u guys and anyone that currently own the latest version of this emulator is what's new and is it worse the 20$ dollars that u most donate in order to download the emulator. I did went to this page today and the page is down , I got no idea if the page is down because is no longer running or they just have some problem and the page will be up and running soon again. Did the finale release for this emulator came out, or will it ever come out if they haven't release the finale version yet.
Any information will be greatly appreciated, thanks allot.

Here are My current PC specs - P4 3.4ghz Processor with 3GB of memory My video card is a - Geforce 8800 GTS with 640MB running at 600MHZ. 2 hard drive 200GB and a 250GB. Windows XP second edition. I would think that this will be good enough to run this emulator.. any version, weather that is Project v1.7 or any other higher version:dry:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
They took down the donations page a while back, I think due to some legal issues. So at the moment at least there isn't any way to get hold of 1.7.

You could try emailing one of the team directly but I'm not sure how actively they are working on it at the moment.

spotanjo3

Isn't this in the wrong thread ? o_O

They are still actively and 1.7 will release to the public in 2008 and that's all I know. See ya. :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Isn't this in the wrong thread ? o_O

They are still actively and 1.7 will release to the public in 2008 and that's all I know. See ya. :)

Yes it needs moving to the Nintendo boards.

I have been distracted by another non emulator project, it was meant to take a couple of months to do, but me I kept wanting to improve it so it has taken longer then I originally expected. Now I am in the process of changing jobs. I am going to be doing a short term contact job. It might be a little while before I get back in to developing pj64. I have a have a list of things I want to do with project64. I hope I will be able to give pj64 some good attention in 2-3 months time, put it might be another 6 months.

I have been distracted by work and other projects before. This is one of the main reasons we are doing the beta program the way we are. This way we can release parts and not a complete version when we work on them. I hope when this contract is done I can spend a decent amount of time on this project getting it to run a lot better. I have been on this project on/off again for nearly 10 years. I want to get it to a point where I can say it is done someday.

From the PJ64 website. Sounds like things are on the backburner at the moment, and a public release in 2008 is by no means assured. They still aren't taking donations so there is no way to get a legitimate release of 1.7.
The 1.7 version offers numerous improvements, with games like Rogue Squadron working, but there really is nothing to do at the moment than make do with 1.6 until they either do a public release of 1.7 or the option to donate comes back.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Wonder if MODs here can move posts around, know that they could in mine, but that was a different forum software, but yeah, wrong forum, but people make mistakes here and there. ;) PJ64 v1.7? Yeah, down but it's only a beta right now and still has some problems, so best to wait for the final version...

spotanjo3

furrynick,

If you want to know... Why do you ask this question ? We are not pj64 developers. They are best one to ask ----> Go to http://www.pj64-emu.com and register there and ask about it there but ask when is not a good things because they will not like it. :)