Newbie having problems with ZSNES

Ohoopee

Hi, I am new to emulators. I downloaded the latest version of ZSNES the super nintendo emulator. I have two SNES roms, Chrono Trigger and Zelda - A link to the past. When I go to load the roms, the do not show up in the program, in the load menu for ZSNES when I open the folder they are in, nothing is there. They are both .smc files. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
From that description sounds like bad roms. What size are they around? Are you sure the is no error anywhere? Did you test with snes9x to be sure its not znes giving you troubles. Are the roms upzipped as in not in a zip folder?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Hi, I am new to emulators. I downloaded the latest version of ZSNES the super nintendo emulator. I have two SNES roms, Chrono Trigger and Zelda - A link to the past. When I go to load the roms, the do not show up in the program, in the load menu for ZSNES when I open the folder they are in, nothing is there. They are both .smc files. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

If they are .smc files then they should show up regardless of whether they actually work or not. Are you sure you are browsing to the correct folder holding your roms. The default folder won't show them, you have to browse to their location on the hard drive once you have selected the open command from the zsnes GUI.

Ohoopee

Yes, I am sure I am looking the right folder. I even moved it to the desktop just in case I was getting the wrong folder as there is only one desktop, it still is not showing up. And just since it was asked, Chrono Trigger and Zelda or both 4 megs.

Ohoopee

Well I finally just gave up on ZSNES. I have now switched and started using Snes9x. Snes9x finds the roms no problem and plays them just fine so I think I will stick to using it.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yup, I find snes9x much easier to use my self, Zsnes is the more powerful of the two I here, but I have always liked snes9x ever since I switched over in the 90s. For me it was do to zsnes not seeing my usb devices. but I dont think that is an issue any longer.