New to emulation...got a few questions....

mtx

Hello,

I'm a first time user to emulation games.. I downloaded Mame32k 0.67 today and played some MvC: Clash of Super Heroes..it was fun and I want to get into this emulation gaming more so I need some suggestions.......

1. Is Mame32k 0.67 the best emulation program out there? I'm mainly looking for high game availability, USB controller support, multiplayer support, good visuals, good sound, and good performance.

2. Which program out there can play *every* ROM that's available? I found games like Die Hard, Metal Slug 1-4, Raiden 2, and a whole bunch of other stuff but none of them appear to be available in Mame 32k. A lot of them are huge .zip files but when I do a "file audit", a lot of the contents for each game is missing. Why is this so?

mtx

For example I want to play Metal Slug, but I get this:

mslug : ng-sfix.rom 131072 bytes 354029fc NOT FOUND
mslug : neo-geo.rom 131072 bytes 9036d879 NOT FOUND
mslug : ng-sm1.rom 131072 bytes 97cf998b NOT FOUND
mslug : ng-lo.rom 65536 bytes e09e253c NOT FOUND

Why are these "ROMs" even available for download when they are clearly invalid, corrupt and misleading!?!?!?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
mtx said:
For example I want to play Metal Slug, but I get this:

mslug : ng-sfix.rom 131072 bytes 354029fc NOT FOUND
mslug : neo-geo.rom 131072 bytes 9036d879 NOT FOUND
mslug : ng-sm1.rom 131072 bytes 97cf998b NOT FOUND
mslug : ng-lo.rom 65536 bytes e09e253c NOT FOUND

Why are these "ROMs" even available for download when they are clearly invalid, corrupt and misleading!?!?!?

First: Learn to use the edit function. :mad:
Second: Don't blame others because you're an emu n00b. :fuckyou:
Third: what you are missing there is the NEOGEO bios called neogeo.zip.

If you want to know where to find it read the forum rules.

Cheers.

Last edited:

mtx

I wish there were just stickied threads, would be MUCH easier to find info :D

I'll try MAME32 Plus!, what's the diff between that and Mame32k 0.67?

Zach

You can usually find the information you need to make those comparissons by reading the text files (usually readme.txt) that come with emulators. Or also by looking to see if there is a Features list on the emulators website.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Neco said:
You can usually find the information you need to make those comparissons by reading the text files (usually readme.txt) that come with emulators. Or also by looking to see if there is a Features list on the emulators website.

CORRECT.

I wonder why is it so hard to read those ?

mtx

Not all of them come with readmes :)

Heck Im already having a tough time finding where to download the CORRECT WORKING version of Mame32 Plus. I put it in Google and 20 sites come up.

mtx

[Neo] MAME32 Plus! 0.95

Is that the one everyone is recommending?

I just downloaded it and set everything up yet it could only play 5 ROMS out of the 50 Ive downloaded. Cant play Dynamite Cop, cant play Die Hard......

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Heck Im already having a tough time finding where to download the CORRECT WORKING version of Mame32 Plus. I put it in Google and 20 sites come up.

Ever heard of EMULATOR-ZONE ? ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Search for Mame games here:
http://www.mameworld.net/maws/
title Die Hard Arcade (UET 960515 V1.000)
set name diehard
manufacturer Sega
year 1996
genre Fighter (hof)
category Fighter / 2.5D (hof)
driver status preliminary
driver source stv.c

You need the stv BIOS.But still the driver is preliminary...I don't know how much can you play.

hagbard

It's fairly unplayable, but check it by youself

hagbard

No, you need MAME32k for Kaillera support