netplay question

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
I only now a few.... they are...
1. znes (super nintendo)
2. nebula (arcade)
3. Kawaks (arcade)

Well those are the ones I know of...... I think theres more though:)

Jale

• NES emulator NNNesterJ and Jnes have netplay support and the best ones IMHO.
  • SNES emulators ZSNES and Snes9x. For reasons I don't know, the latest ZSNES version (1.51) doesn't have netplay support.
  • Nintendo 64 emulator Project64k (unofficial) has Kaillera support, but since it's an outdated version and some hardware compatibility issues (1.5) it really sucks. It is rumored that the newest version (1.7) will have netplay support, but it's unknown to me and it won't come until 2008.
  • PlayStation emulator ePSXe has netplay support, but a network plugin is required (I don't know if it exist. I have never bothered to search for it though).
  • Multi Game Boy (GB, GBC, GBA) emulator VisualBoyAdvance Link (unofficial) added a link feature, but it's very buggy at the moment. There hasn't been any improvement for now.
  • Multi Game Boy (GB, GBC, GBA) and Nintendo DS emulator NO$GBA added a Wi-Fi support recently. This feature is currently unknown to me. This emulator can run multiplayer games, but they must be played on the same computer (split screen)
  • Arcade emulator MAME with Kaillera support (unofficial?).
  • Sega Genesis emulator Gens has Kaillera support.
  • And some other system emulators I don't know or never used such as Kawaks, Nebula, etc.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
  • NES emulator NNNesterJ and Jnes have netplay support and the best ones IMHO.
  • SNES emulators ZSNES and Snes9x. For reasons I don't know, the latest ZSNES version (1.51) doesn't have netplay support.
  • Nintendo 64 emulator Project64k (unofficial) has Kaillera support, but since it's an outdated version and some hardware compatibility issues (1.5) it really sucks. It is rumored that the newest version (1.7) will have netplay support, but it's unknown to me and it won't come until 2008.
  • PlayStation emulator ePSXe has netplay support, but a network plugin is required (I don't know if it exist. I have never bothered to search for it though).
  • Multi Game Boy (GB, GBC, GBA) emulator VisualBoyAdvance Link (unofficial) added a link feature, but it's very buggy at the moment. There hasn't been any improvement for now.
  • Multi Game Boy (GB, GBC, GBA) and Nintendo DS emulator NO$GBA added a Wi-Fi support recently. This feature is currently unknown to me. This emulator can run multiplayer games, but they must be played on the same computer (split screen)
  • Arcade emulator MAME with Kaillera support (unofficial?).
  • Sega Genesis emulator Gens has Kaillera support.
  • And some other system emulators I don't know or never used such as Kawaks, Nebula, etc.
- nice post Butters