Nestopia Hide Menu Bar on Startup?

drewbagel423

Hi guys, somewhat of an emulator n00b here.

Does anyone know how to, or if it's even possible, to start Nestopia such that the menu bar is hidden?

The reason I ask is that I'm using a frontend (Maximus Arcade) to run several different emulators in my cabinet. It runs Nestopia just fine, open maximized and all, but the menu bar is visible. I know you can close it manually but I don't have a mouse accessible in my cab, and the Nestopia shortcut key (Esc) is mapped in Maximus to close the emulator.

Any help is appreciated, TIA

Last edited:

drewbagel423

Ok thanks.

Another thought... is there a command line statement that would do the trick? Something in the shortcut tab on the Target line?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
It should disappear on its own. Are you running it with the fullscreen option or have you just set the video option to max?. Using the proper fullscreen option should eliminate the toolbar afaik. Setting the video option to max or one of the multipliers is just opening it in a bigger window and will still display the toolbar.

If you open nestopia.xml with a text editor like notepad, about three quarters of the way down the document will be an option showing as < start-fullscreen>no</ start-fullscreen> simply change the 'no' to 'yes' and resave the file.

You can change any of the games other default start options in this file in the same way.

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
It should disappear on its own. Are you running it with the fullscreen option or have you just set the windowed option to your desktop res?. Using the proper fullscreen option should eliminate the toolbar afaik.

If you open nestopia.xml with a text editor like notepad, about three quarters of the way down the document will be an option showing as < start-fullscreen>no</ start-fullscreen> simply change the 'no' to 'yes' and resave the file.

You can change any of the games other default start options in this file in the same way.

woah do i really suck that much on nes emulation.... proberly because i haven't used it in like 2 years because of virtual nes.com anyway...:bow::excl:

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
sorry for offtop but hiden bar is imposible if you hiden tottaly but cant be shown when you use nestopia in fullscreen but there are other emulators virtuanes ,fakenes,fce ultra mm mean mapers modifited short FCEU-MM for play all roms,fceux,mynes,nintendulator,nester aox3(fork of nester fixed for ps2) and other emulators which can run nes platform now newest is punes you never hear about it project by nesdev i have test it works nice and now someone write new :eek:hmy: it seems nes is still poular http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13844
HTML:
http://www.mesen.ca/index.php#About

Last edited: