NES emulators for MAC

NESmachead

I recently discovered this site through a google search and found RockNES link. Downloaded it and realized it's not fun unless you have a controller. So I searched for NES controller and ended up buying a USB to NES port for NES controllers. When I went to add controller I realized that I needed to download Emulator Enchancer. After downloading that, I then realized that RockNES was too old for that version of Emulator Enhancer, and now I am back to the drawing board with no direction to go.

If anyone has a MAC emulator and a similar set-up or can suggest a way for me to get started, that would be fantastic. I searched back over 3 months and couldn't find one thing on MAC emulators, so I apologize if I missed a related thread.

:confused:

Zach

We don't tend to have knowledge about MAC emulators, as emulation is primarily a PC dominated field. That and the lack of good emulators en mass for MAC systems.

So is your problem getting the controller to work with the emulator? Or are you just looking for a better emulator that doesn't need the hassle of this other program you apparently need?

Do you by chance have an Intel Mac? Or do you have the option of installing a MAC version of Linux alongside your main OS? If you can get Linux running, your emulation potential should be a hell of a lot wider.

If you're hestitant about installing Linux, you can look for a Live CD distro that works on MACs too.. Then you just boot the OS off the CD. It's slow as hell, but should be able to access your hard drive and whatnot to load the emulator and games from there, once the OS is up and running. It shouldn't affect your emulation speed at all, since the bottleneck in Live CD's is the CD media itself, but since you're loading off your hard drive that won't be an issue

Last edited:

ummoli25

Hi, I was wondering if you can help me. I recently downloaded the SNES emulator off ******* for MAC. I am running on mac osx leopard and after i run it and download the roms and drag the rom into the snes application a black window comes up ( the window that the game is suppose to play on) and a bunch of yellow writing comes up and it goes black
I have tried different roms and even different emulators but still have no luck..... any suggestions... thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

I removed your duplicate post in the other thread. If you have a problem, make a new thread or post it in one thread of the same subject (like this one) only. Don't make duplicate posts.

Also, I removed your mention of the place your got your stuff from. Linking to or spelling out a web address to a site distributing copyrighted software (ROMS) is not allowed. Please be more mindful of the rules.

As I said in my post above, we really don't know much about Mac emulators here, so there may not be anyone here who can help you.. If that's the case don't be discouraged, just try and seek out more Mac oriented emulation sites, or try looking for forums on the unmentionable sites you frequent as they might be able to help too.