Need to rip a sound effect from Perfect Dark

noname

Hey, I'm trying to rip out a sound effect from Perfect Dark, the sound that the Falcon 2 gun with the silencer makes when you shoot it. I tried using a program called Srip to extract all the sound effects, but I couldn't find the sound effect I needed there. I also tried a program called Sound Lib Extractor but that didn't work either. Can anyone help me?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Use SnagIt...or if your emu has a "Log to Wav" option you can try that.
Then use some audio editing software to rip that gun effect.

noname

Does SnagIt rip sound effects? I searched for it on Google and it seems to only be a graphical editing program. As for the log to wave option, my emulator has that but it wouldn't work for ripping out sound effects because you also get the music in the background.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
SnagIt...records/captures everything that happens on your desktop.
It's not free.
Can't you stop the music in the background ?
Or at least fire the weapon when the music is not so loud...If your not good with audio editing software such as Sony SoundForge 8 or similar,it's no point in logging to wav or recording.

noname

You can mute the music, but then you still have the background sounds that are kind of loud. Do you know of any other programs that can rip the sound effect directly from the rom?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
N64 Sound Bank Ripper...I Googled for it.
Dunno how to use it though. :)

Last edited:

jv9

Well there's a program called sound capture that's free which you can download from http://www.download.com/3000-2168-10117490.html?tag=lst-0-1
The interface isn't a beauty but it does it's job.
After you have recorded the sound effect you can probably edit it with any sound software available.
Hope this helps!

NOTE: This program records the sound it doesn't rip directly from the rom.

Last edited: