need some MAJOR emulator help.... plz?

r3b3l_XiM

Hi all. I'm new here, and i have a bit of a problem going on at the moment....

I want to trade pokemon using LinkVBA, but there's 2 things wrong....

1) My Pokemon Sapphire & Ruby versions don't work on Visual Boy Advance, only on No$GBA, and therefor doesn't work on LinkVBA.
2) My Pokemon Fire Red version's save ability somehow doesn't work, and i've been saving my progress on VBA's "save state" or .sgm file, which doesn't load up in LinkVBA.
3) Also, i read that too load the save games from VBA to LinkVBA, you have to rename them to .sg1, or .sg2 files, but are you suppose to rename the .sav files or the .sgm files?

any answer or help to any of these problems would be greatly appreciated.... thanks in adv.

xKilXlerx

Killer Newbie
1.Wrong. It worked in my computer. Maybe you "activated' the Wireless Communication thing that doesnt WORK on Ruby/Sapphire(Only Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen).

2.You need to patch your rom. Or change the save types (Sorry,I dont have the emulator because im in a cafe. Il edit it when I go home.)

3.VBA uses .sav files and VBALink uses .sa1,.sa2...(Depends how many VBA's you are running). .sgm files are quicksaves using F1,F2...F9 and loading them by F1,F2...F9.

Hope your problems are solved. Just tell me if there are any problems.