Need Help with Zinc Emulator please?

OmegaKrypton

I've downloaded the zinc emulator, along with it's frontend GUI, and extracted both of them; the frontend in the zinc emulator folder. I have also put the cpzn1 and cpzn2 bios in the rom folder and the rom as well Unzipped.
When I try to run the game in dos I get this message:

ZiNc 1.02 <C>1997-2004 Drunken Muppets <www.emuhype.com>
Opening game: Strider 2 <ASIA 991213> [strider2, BIOS cpzn2]
ERROR: missing rom file: roms/strider2.zip [ coh-3002c.353 ]

Zach

If it works at all like mame, you need to get rid of the extracted roms, and use the zip file the roms came in, and rename it to the proper zip name for the game.

if you are still getting errors, the zip you downloaded is probably missing a file ( coh-3002c.353 for example)
and you will have to go scrounging the 'net for it

edit: I just downloaded some stuff and tested it. It does work pretty much like MAME. Point it to a directory that your ROM zips are stored in. It will search that directory and the games will show up in your list. A lot of games could be missing crucial files to run however; and others might run, but will lack music or other sounds. And no guarantee of speed either. Not all that much better than MAME in some cases, though I imagine it depends on the game you want to play

Last edited:

OmegaKrypton

No luck, I have kept all roms and their respective bios zipped, and I have checked through zincGUI and it shows all files are present for the roms.

Do I need to configure something on zincGUI first maybe? Or should I try a different emulator?

Zach

It's hard to say. Can you show me a screenshot if your program directory, and also where you are storing your rom zips also ?

And maybe a screenshot of the program giving you the error.

According to what you provided before, your rom strider2.zip does not have the file coh-3002c.353 inside of it. If it does, then maybe the emulator is case sensitive and the file needs to be renamed in lower case.

Have you tried rescanning also ?

montpics

OmegaKrypton said:
No luck, I have kept all roms and their respective bios zipped, and I have checked through zincGUI and it shows all files are present for the roms.

Do I need to configure something on zincGUI first maybe? Or should I try a different emulator?
Firstly, you need to configure to folder location of where you place you ROMs and BIOS as well. Then click on 'List Available ROMs' which can be seen on frontend options.

After that, you will noticed of what games can be played.

If it is not helping much, you can either use ClrMAME which will audit the ROMs of what is missing in the end.

Dats can be found from here.
>CLICK HERE!< (This site is down at the moment.)

Alkaiser

I remember I couldn't get any games to work either. What I did was extract both cpzn1 and cpzn2 and put those files in each game zip and volia, they worked.

OmegaKrypton

This is a picture of the zinc emulator folder.
untitled6ud1.png

This is a picture of the roms folder
untitled24sm.png

This is a picture of the frontend, it shows that all files are present for strider2
untitled39zm.png

This is how I try to play the game, but the error shows up
untitled47tt.png

I tried rescanning the roms as well. I think Ill try Alkaiser's tip.

Alkaiser

Freak! I remember now! That fronend does NOT WORK. You need to get the other one.
The name escapes me right now.

You're supposed to use Aldo's frontend? to set up everything and use a command prompt to start a game.

Last edited:

OmegaKrypton

Well Alkaiser, I have downloaded Aldos frontend (I must say the interface is extremely simple) but Ive got another problem. When I click the play button, the commandline window pops up for a couple a seconds and then dissapears. Then a window comes up showing the error cannot open renderer plugin.

Ive downloaded both GLide and OpenGL/D3D. After extracting one of them into the zinc folder and trying again, it still didnt work. Where do I need to put the renderer plugins, and is there anything else Iam missing?

OmegaKrypton

Thanks a lot!

Well I managed to make everything work, thanks to you guys. Especially you Alkaiser, you're the real hero. Thanks again.