Need help with VBA

SlickStretch

I'm using VBA (Virtual Boy Advance) emulator. When I play Pokemon Fire Red, and a few other games, it says my save file is corrupt. Anyone know how to fix it?

PS: If I get a different emulator, is there a way for me to transfer my save state to the new emulator?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Strange... never ran into that problem. Yeah, try another emulator or a version before the one you have, if it still runs into the same problem of the save files being corrupted, then I guess you might have to start a new save... Hard to tell without looking at them...

SlickStretch

Ok, my bad. Not the "save file." But, the actual in-game save. Like I'll pause the game, select save, and it'll tell me it's corrupted. The save states work fine.

Thornlet

I have exactly the same problem, but with Pokemon Emerald. Can you send me the same PM, or post the information in the thread?

Ohtaron

yeah, I have the same issue too. I thought at first it was just because I'd converted the save file from no$, except it didn't fix when I resaved, and when I converted back to no$ the error showed once and fixed itself when I resaved there.

Granted, yes, savestates are just fine for most things, and I convert back to no$ for things like time-based events ('low battery') and for avoiding having my save deleted after I beat the elite 4.

'course, if anyone had solutions to those problems it'd be nifty, but I'm quite happy switching.

Thornlet

Wait...so, deleting the save after the Elite Four is a known problem? That's what's happening to me.

How do you transfer savegames from VBA to no$gba, if that's one way of getting around it?

Ohtaron

Just select file-->export-->export battery file in vba, and have it export the file to the BATTERY folder no$ makes.

'course, I much prefer vba otherwise, so I switch right back using a converter.

It's also important to note that as far as I know, you have to export it before it tells you its been deleted, so if you don't have a backup savestate or something you might be out of luck...

flamingo24

Sui Generis Avis
oh, thanks; now I have a better Idea of what the problem is with the pokemon games, on another thread someone else is having some issues with saving.