N64

MichaelCorleone

Hello, I have a collection of N64 games and some work perfectly while others break up graphically. My question is: are all N64 games supposed to run perfectly on the best emulators (Project64 or 1964)? am I supposed to download other plugins/add-ons? I have a high end computer so taht is not the problem. Thanks in advance.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
are all N64 games supposed to run perfectly on the best emulators (Project64 or 1964)?
No.
am I supposed to download other plugins/add-ons?
If you want to.It's better that you do,play with the plugins a bit,and choose the one that is the best for you.

Jale

MichaelCorleone said:
are all N64 games supposed to run perfectly on the best emulators (Project64 or 1964)?
Like pbdizayn said, not all games are supported, but like 90% of the games are compatible.

MichaelCorleone said:
I have a high end computer so taht is not the problem. Thanks in advance.
Of course it's not the problem because it doesn't have anything to do with compatibility. Game compatibility is a matter of software (emulator) rather than hardware (memory, CPU, etc), but if we are talking about graphical compatibility, the video card plays an important role on it. In other words, you can get, besides better performance, a more accurate graphical environment in your games (not 100% accurate though) if you use a video card (DirectX 8.0 or better) instead of onboard graphics.

MichaelCorleone

Can I please get help on the plugins? I have the Project64 emulator. There are only two selections for the graphics plug-in: Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 and Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6. Also, on some games, there is choppy audio. The audio plugins are Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 and zilmar's Audio Plugin. What are the best graphic and audio plugins that cover all of the working N64 games? Thanks in advance.

Jale

For video use Jabo's Direct3D8 if you have a 3D accelerated video card with DirectX 8.0 compliant; if you don't have any DirectX 8.0 compliant card, choose Jabo's Direct3D6 instead. You might also want to try Rice's video plugin.

For sound choose Jabo's DirectSound 1.6.

To fix the choppy audio in some games, go to the audio plugin configuration and check "Sync Game to Audio" (Jabo's DirectSound only).