my kof2000 and kof2000n roms

Phantom69

hello, i am new here and i am not completely new to emulation but have been having a rather annoying problem...

i have the two files: kof2000 and kof2000n which bot used to work with Kawaks 1.40b but i have since upgraded to 1.55 and my roms do not work anymore, i have tried using rom center which did not help any cause it said that there were "roms missing"... i also tried clrmamepro but that was waay too copmlex to me and i had no idea how to use it, i have read somewhere about being able to make the emulator compatible with the roms that you have but i have absolutely now idea...

i would 're-obtain' them but i am on a dial-up connection and therefore am unable to re-download without several sittings :(

thank you in advance

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Use ye old Kawaks...or use Kawaks 1.46 with loader like me.
Other option...if you have an emu with loader you can edit manually the .dat file so all your non working games "work" ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Phantom69 said:
would you mind giving me a brief overview of how to do this...
I don't mind :p
If you get a Kawaks emu with a loader you also have a file called asr.dat,in which you can add games not supported by the "normal" .exe.Simply add the info needed by the emu to recognize the game.Just open the asr.dat file with notepad you'll see what info you have to add.CRC's you can find by opening the 'zip in WinRAR.
If you want better help make a search through this forum (you can search my SVC:Chaos SNK vs. Capcom thread...or other KOF2003 problems,this has been discussed a milion times. :)
Emulators with loader are illegal (or at least were since mame32 plus! 0.103u3 supports all "problematic" games) and I cannot give you any link,but Google might help.
Have you tried to put the roms in mame emu folder ?
They might work.

Phantom69

hte only problem is that the rom files were renamed and stuff. i tried renaming myself but they still dont work i found a loader emu and am trying it out myself...

thanx for the reply and ill post if i need any more help

Phantom69

i would but i am trying to leave that alternative to last, as you see i am on dial-up and that would take me an awful lot of time.

Phantom69

could someone please tell me how to edit the loader dat file for kawaks 1.** to suit the rom files, i have checked previous threads, they are all helpful however i still am not sure how to do this. :eek:

thank you all for being patient with me, im sure you have all had noobs like me come in and ask questions like this, but i am very grateful for all of your help :D :D :eek: :eek:

:my_skull: Phantom69 :my_skull:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Open the .dat file(s) with Notepad,the rest I already told you in a PM 1 day ago :D
I think your problem is that you have Kawaks without loader and therefore no .dat file....

hagbard

Btw please don't double post (again) Phantom69, there's an edit button ;)

Phantom69

@ pbdizayn, yes i am using a loader, i am just trying to figure out what to add to the dat file cause i have never editied it before, im sure that once i have done it i will learn from it.

@ hagbard, where did i double post :(
if i did i am sorry because i did not know that i did :verysad:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Open asr.dat with notepad,open the new .dat file with notepad,copy/paste the info you want to add.(this is for Kawaks)
As for Nebula just copy the new .dat file to the romdata folder something like neo_kof2000.
To see the correct CRC's use WinRAR.

Phantom69

i gathered that much, but the original dat file, that contains all of the information about the rom-file you are trying to add, since it is not incl. in the up to date dat files, how to create one...

i hope you can understand what i am saying.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Phantom69...friend,you got PM.
Just tell us where you're stuck.

hagbard

phantom69 said:
@ hagbard, where did i double post
if i did i am sorry because i did not know that i did
Please don't worry, I only mean to do a little advice :p [size=-5]It was this post and the next one[/size]

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal