Minor Super Mario 64 Glitch

Prozak

Hi, everyone I'm running Project 64 version 1.6. And I'm running all the standard plugins that it comes with, which is Jabos Direct3D8 1.6. I'm using an integrated video card Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, which I believe is otherwise known as intel extreme II graphics. Besides the glitch, the game looks absolutely beautiful though, and it really is only a minor glitch.

Ok this is the glitch, in certain parts of the game, the images are slightly cut off at the edges. For example. the top bar of the game where it shows how many coins you have, your life, number of lives, and how many stars you've collected these images are all cut off around the edges just a slight bit. For example the star at the top that tells you how many stars you've collected doesn't have point edges, and instead they are flat since the edges of those images are slightly cut off.

Also, whenever you enter a map, you know that white screen you get with the stars you've collected and a description of the task to get a star? Well that text is cutoff at the top. You can make out what it says just fine, but it is clearly cut off at the top. I tried a different video plugin, Rices Daedalus 5.2.0 and I don't get this glitch in that plugin, but Jabo's plugin makes the whole game look really nice so it is still the better plugin.

Again, it's a minor annoyance but I'd love to be able to get it fixed if I can, thanks to anyone that can help.

Jale

Try using Jabo's Direct3D6 instead of Jabo's Direct3D8 and see what happens. Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin is meant to be used on video cards with DirectX 8 API or later and I don't think your integrated graphics is not even DirectX 7.

Last edited: