mameui cannot find any rom files on one computer, but works fine on another

dbalkz

i have mameui as my mame emulator. i have it set up with launchbox-app.

on one computer, everything works perfectly, but when i set everything up the exact same (same emulator, same roms) mame refuses to load the roms saying there's 100 files missing, which are all located in the rom's zip file that it's trying to pull from.

i dont get how it can work on one of my computers but not another. i tried everything. different versions of mame, different versions of roms, i tried everything i can think of. i even took everything from my other computer and copied it all over to a usb stick and it still cant seem to figure it out

any thoughts?

dbalkz

if anyone else runs into this issue, the issue is launchbox, not mameui64.

i found that when i loaded the games with just mameui64, the games would load - which told me launchbox was looking in the wrong place, so i took all my mame roms and stuck them into the roms folder that mameui looks at, then changed the paths into launchbox and now they all load fine.

i found this strange because i don't have to do that on my other PC, i can stick the roms anywhere and they launch fine, but it's fixed either way so i'm not worried.