Mame32k comctl32.dll error

morpheu305

I recently downloaded mame32k 0.64 version. The same version I see many people use on Kaillera. When i start it up I get a comctl32.dll error message saying my .dll file is old. It saids because of this i wont be able to change any settings in mame which is true. Default options is always greyed out no matter what. I am running windows 7 64 bit.

Am i running the same version of mame as the people on kaillera are? Is there any work around for this?

Robert

I tried this and it seems there is no way to get rid of the problem except by going back to using XP.

Doesn't matter which dll was used, and I placed it in the same folder as mame32k is in.

Tried compatibility mode, made no difference.

I had other problems as well; starting any game in fullscreen mode made my monitor (crt) complain of "out of range" (even though the same monitor, video card and program works fine on XP machine). Changing compatibility to windows 98 stopped that, but then the game only takes 1/4 of the screen. So, tried windowed mode; this fixes the out-of-range, but the image is tiny. Hardware stretch fixes that, but then mame crashes when starting another game. Overall, not a satisfactory outcome.

Tried mame32k version 0.90, this fixes the video problems, but the dll problem is still there.