MAME32 Rom Errors After Audit Description

rbaby

Hey guys,

In MAME32 (0.11), after you run an audit and you get various error messages, would it be correct to say:

1) If you get a "NOT FOUND" OR "NOT FOUND (shared with parent)", then you have a bad/corrupt/old ROM or you are missing a .CHD file. This usually means you need to go and retrieve the correct/newer versions of the ROM.

2) If you get a "INCORRECT LENGTH", then you have a bad/corrupt/old ROM. This usually means you need to go and retrieve the correct/newer versions of the ROM.

3) If you get a "NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN", and it shows up in MAME32 as Dumping Status - No Dump, then you have the best ROM available. There is nothing to do to make the ROM audit without errors.

4) If you get a "NEEDS REDUMP", and it shows up in MAME32 as Dumping Status - Bad Dump, then you have the best ROM available. There is nothing to do to make the ROM audit without errors.

Thanks in advance.

montpics

1) If you get a "NOT FOUND" OR "NOT FOUND (shared with parent)", then you have a bad/corrupt/old ROM or you are missing a .CHD file. This usually means you need to go and retrieve the correct/newer versions of the ROM.
It can be also happened if it failed to find the files the needed.

2) If you get a "INCORRECT LENGTH", then you have a bad/corrupt/old ROM. This usually means you need to go and retrieve the correct/newer versions of the ROM.
Yes.

3) If you get a "NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN", and it shows up in MAME32 as Dumping Status - No Dump, then you have the best ROM available. There is nothing to do to make the ROM audit without errors.

4) If you get a "NEEDS REDUMP", and it shows up in MAME32 as Dumping Status - Bad Dump, then you have the best ROM available. There is nothing to do to make the ROM audit without errors.
Unfortunately, I haven't found that kind. (Probably the latest version had it)

KrimsunEternal

Okay, since you guys seem to know what kind of errors are going on... I need some help, can anyone tell me why I keep getting this error message:

ddtodu : dad.13m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.15m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.17m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.19m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.14m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.16m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.18m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.20m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.01 (131072 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.11m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.12m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.13m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.15m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.17m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.19m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.14m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.16m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.18m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.20m (1048576 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.01 (131072 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.11m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)
ddtodu : dad.12m (2097152 bytes) - NOT FOUND (shared with parent)

And tell me how to fix it?

Thanks, peace out.

montpics

Seems that you don't have those files which is needed to play that game. You need to download those missing files.

ThunderStrike

You need the parent file ? from ? you know i cannot go into to it i will get banned.:mad:

If you were to find a world site with the name of a certain file needed before to download. You probably need the largest file to get.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: