mame screen

glyndawn

hi im using mame 32 on my arcade machine running 640x480 res

but in mame my games are to big eg on space invaders the scores are missing and the space ship is missing

do i need to change anything to attler this

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You may have to force aspect to your monitor ( i.e 4:3 ), that or try to use direct draw and use hardware stretch. It is also posible that your monitor is just clipping. If so you may need to adjust your out put settings. Nvidia has this in the drivers. You can also use programs like tv_Tool.

Last edited:

glyndawn

where do i set that

like i say in space invaders the score and ship are missing and in mortal kombat its really big

and in other games like galaxian its no score or ship but the screen is thin

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Are you using mame, or mameui32. You may want to try mameui32 to get more and easier options. for example it auto detects the game accept type. I think mame does this to but you need to find the option. With mameui32 you just click it.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
With a 15Khz arcade monitor you definitely want to use Direct Draw with Hwstretch.

If you are using commandline mame, both options are in the mame.ini file which should be in your mame folder, simply replace the '0' next to each entry you want to turn on with a '1' then re-save the ini.

As ulaolao said though, if you're using mame32(UI) then go to options from the toolbar at the top, select default game options, then change them in the display settings tab.