mame list

Daz

i have mame32 plus and the entire game list just has neogeo games. i want to get marvel vs capcom (is MvsC2 available yet?) for mame. how would i add it to the game list so i could select and play it.

Robert

You need to download it, plus any parent or bios that it may need.

I don't think mvc2 is in mame yet.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Nope. You can always search on MAWS (search for marvel) to see if a game is included in MAME and check its emulation status.

Daz

what's a parent or bios? would i download it from the same places as Roms or do i need to search something specific in google?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Parent it's like the "main" rom.
You download it from the same place you dl the rest of your roms.
You need a file neogeo.zip,that's the BIOS...easy to find with Google.

Daz

i already had the neogeo.zip in the roms folder( isn't marvel vs capcom a cps2 game so it wouldn't need the neogeo.zip?). ive got the mvsc.zip in the roms folder too but it dont show up on the mame32plus list so i can't select it to play

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Superheroes is the game,right?
OK...go to All games and select it from there.It must give you some message to why it's not working.
I have mame32 plus! 0.103u3,it's listed and it works.

Daz

yeah marvel vs capcom is the game. i have mame32 plus 0.95.0.0 and it only has neogeo games listed

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Download the latest version HERE or HERE-v0.104.
Maybe you have a modified build or NeoMame.

Last edited:

Daz

ok it works good now. issit possible for cps games to have a home version or something? i need a training mode and options. i need to train before i enter battle and plus i'm a combo fanatic so i wanna practice! i'm able to access a home version for neogeo games but i don't know how for marvel vs capcom.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I don't think so.
Arcade is arcade...you may practice this way:
CHEAT ! :D
Make 2P invincible,no time limit...and kick the living shit out of him !