Emulator Problem: MAME emulator problems

ac.tomo

Hi, I seem to be having some problems with the MAME arcade emulator & software. I visit freeroms.com, download the MAME emulator and also download some games, but I can't get the games to work, any help would be most appreciated, thankyou.

Gennish

Hi, I seem to be having some problems with the MAME arcade emulator & software. I visit freeroms.com, download the MAME emulator and also download some games, but I can't get the games to work, any help would be most appreciated, thankyou.

You and a million others mate. Im new to emulators (tho ive been a gamer all my life) but i had the same problems with mame. If you dont have the correct rom for a specific mame release, it may not work. This is especially true of killer instinct, which everyone has trouble getting to work, as it also needs a CHD file to go with the rom or it wont work. There are so many different versions of the game and of MAME emulators its hard to find compatibility. Most roms shouldnt need CHD files to work, but the main reason a lot dont work on MAME is compatibility and outdates. Try Neo Geo or Kega fusion emulators, they are easy to use and almost all games work without any messing around, and probably better than mame in general.