MAME doesn't run.

MakeMeTalk

I downladed MAME. I unzipped it into a different directory.

BUT.

When I double click on mame.exe, a black box appears and disappears, leaving me not enough time to type in the command.

Help please?

Jale

You need to run it by clicking Start --> All Programs --> Accesories --> Command Prompt.

Point to your MAME directory and then put:

mame *game name*.

MakeMeTalk

Okay.

Anyway, I found that out even before you posted.

But, now I have a problem. I have all the correct files needed to play, but it still says that some files are missing.

I checked, and the files are all there, in compressed format.

Help?

Jale

But, now I have a problem. I have all the correct files needed to play, but it still says that some files are missing.
Sometimes you need to change some files' extensions to make it work. When you try to run the game on MAME, it will tell you what files are missing. Compare the list of files MAME gives you with your ROM files and check if everything is OK.

MakeMeTalk

I'm trying to run kf2k3upl: The King of Fighters 2004 Ultra Plus

I have the parent rom which is kof2003.

kof2003 runs on NeoRagex. Kf2k3upl does not.

That's why I downloaded Mame.

Help me.

omer

Neo Geo
Do you have neogeo bios file in your roms folder? If you haven't download it and put roms folder (zipped) but don't ask where to get.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
You can use a ROMmanager such as clrmame to see if you have the correct ROMs. You can also post the crcs of kof2003, kf2k3upl and neogeo and I will check whether you have the correct ones :)