MAME and Gamepad

minfingr

Hi. I have mame32 0.105. I can't get the gamepad to work no matter what i try. Under the default game options i have the joystick selected as the paddle device under controller mapping. It still won't recognize it in the game. I am trying to use either the mad catz (cheap xbox rip off) gamepad, or the logitech (cheap ps2 rip off) game pad.

thank you for the help.

omer

Neo Geo
"Options" -> "Default Game Options" -> "Controllers" tab -> check "Enable Joystick input"

This is Hagbard's reply for another thread I just copied and pasted.

hagbard

Hehe, also try to check to "Digital joystick axes" boxes if needed, on the same MAME window :p

drink-diarrhea

Lmao dident know this probelm was so common. Thnaks agein every one that helped me out with my D-pad problem ^_^.

Any way Minfgne i wanted to sugest you should buy a nyko airflow controler its cheap like 22$ but in my opioun its the best pc controller on the market and is defanley worth picking up. Its also got a built in air condtioner to cool your hands and suprisingly it works X-D.

Last edited:

Zach

Most people who blow through here prefer the PSX/N64 USB adapter. They usually run $15 or less from a reputable site, and work with either controller. So it's great if you already own them.

The Playstation probably has the most accurate Dpad in existance at this point, because unlike most other Dpad that are one solid piece. They are individual pieces on the controller, and you don't have cross-directional problems, especially when dealing with diagnol directions.

Last edited: