MAME 32 v103 help needed!

rando310

Hey, I am trying to use this for the first time in a LONG time, I went into the directories and set up my rom directories, then I audited the game I wanted to try first and when I go to play it, nothing happens??? It says the rom is "working"...what am I missing?? It does this on any game I try..

rando310

Hey I just tried a lower version of Mame 32, .90..same problem..I audit all games, when I go to play a game from either the file menu or by right clicking and selecting play it does nothing..it just says "working" in the lower right part of the screen..I have no idea what I'm missing..any help appreciated!! BTW, I have P4 3.2 gh comp so it should be plenty good for this..

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sounds like your roms aren't compatible with the version you are using. The 'Working' info in the bottom right pane simply tells you if the game works in that version of mame not wether your rom is valid, it would display the same info even if you had no roms in your rom folder at all.

If you right click the game you want to play from the mame32 menu, then select 'audit' does it advise you that any files are missing?.

Why are you using such an old versions of the emulator?, if you've sourced your roms recently its likely they will only work with more recent builds.

Mamedev regularly update roms and drivers meaning your romset has to be compatible with the version number of mame you are using.

Also just double checking, you do actually have zipped roms in your rom folder?.

rando310

I went with that version because that's the one I was used to a long time ago..I downloaded the newest UI version and a lot of the games work..I still don't know how to totally update my roms so all of them could work.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I went with that version because that's the one I was used to a long time ago..I downloaded the newest UI version and a lot of the games work..I still don't know how to totally update my roms so all of them could work.

For the most part you need to download new one's from an up to date source. Rom managers can rename things but they can't physically add things that aren't in the rom in the first place, so if mame reports a rom has files missing then you need to get new one's.