Majora's Mask Lens of Truth problem

ercaderk

I'm using Mupen64 0.5 on a Mac OSx 10.5.5, and I just got the Lens of Truth in Zelda MM. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have researched this problem and found that it can be solved by installing the Direct64 plugin or using a different emulator. However, I don't know how to install the plugin or transfer my savestate to a different emulator. This is probably a pretty stupid request, but I know almost nothing about emulators. Could someone help me out here? Thanks.

Jale

Project64 comes with Jabo's Direct3D plugin and I'm sure the lens of truth works with that plugin. Just install Project64 (even if you're not gonna use it), go to the plugins folder and copy the files to Mupen64's plugin folder.

ercaderk

There's no plugin folder in the package. I've seen that's it's possible to download a source code to install plugins, but I don't know how to use this either.:confused:

Jale

Don't bump. I already gave you a solution. If it doesn't come with plugins, which is highly unlikely, then use Google.

nillerz

Don't bump. I already gave you a solution. If it doesn't come with plugins, which is highly unlikely, then use Google.

this is the worst solution in the world, because you didn't even read the problem, you twit. You told him to use a direct3d plugin.

Direct3D is a *Microsoft* technology.

Mac and Linux use *OpenGL*

I'm bumping because I'm having the same issue. I'm using the Glide64 video plugin, though am testing the issue in other video plugins. I'll post back with results.

nillerz

I would suggest Mac users find the Glide 64 plugin, because in my tests, that's the only plugin that allows the Lens of Truth to function correctly. I am using Linux Mint Debian Edition, however it should also work in OSx.