• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Livolution Beta Release

Johno2518

Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums. I have developed a product called Livolution, which simply enables you to link your emulators over the internet without needing to know anything technical (its like xbox live for emulators of older generation consoles). You create a session for your game and emulator type, others can search then join and then link the emulators up with simple text chat. Further down the track, we will build emulation into the product.

Beta 3 has been released, free to use while in beta stage (accounts are always free to create). Any comments, feature requests and defects are welcome of course. More information is about the product and features available on my web site and forum. Link available in my profile (can't add link since I am a new user).

So far, only emulators of game consoles that use serial ports will work (the emulators themselves will use network connectivity to enable linking). If the original game console supported network connectivity (TCP/IP), it is not currently supported until a future release.

BGB is an emulator that has been tested to work, you can use any other emulator. Just be aware, your emulator should be the same as the person who is hosting the session (e.g. different Gameboy emulators may use a proprietary protocol for sending data over the network, therefore if BGB is used at both ends it will work).

Hope this provides short details about the software, detailed info on my web site as mentioned.

Emulators may run slow or not at all if either internet connection is slow or has high latency. I have seen the BGB emulator run slower than usual if I throttle the network speed.

Could someone please add this information to the main page on this site?

Thanks

Johno2518

Hey all,

We are working on beta release 2! Some nice changes and enhancements are coming. It will be the last lot of big changes until the production release. Start using the beta's while you can (its free), that way we can add features you want and we can make the product much better. Definitely keen to have more people using it!

acslive.com.au/Products/Livolution

Thanks