Legend of Zelda Emulation? (OOT, MM, WW, TP)

Jussumdude

hey all, this is my firest post so go easy on me ;). im getting a laptop for a grad present soon and i want nothing more than to be able to emulate all the 3d Zelda titles (ocarina of time, majora's mask, wind waker, and twilight princess)...Now i know for a fact that emulators exist these titles...however my main question is what kind of requirements (hardware, cards etc.) and costs am i looking at for a laptop than can **smoothly** play these games.
I've gone onto youtube and found plenty of videos, however the vast majority of these videos show the emulation as 'inplayably laggy'...really low frame rates...but some videos show the emulation played either perfectly or a little fast (this could be do to people just speeding up the video to make it look like it works, but peeps are talking aobut increasing frame rate and stuff)...i am not a techno geek. i dont know anything when it comes to computer jarg/talk so im gonna reiterate the main question...to play these games smoothly (if it's possible). what kind of innards am i looking at? (a price would really help too)

The height of demanding games ill get the laptop i think is Half Life 2...if i had hardware good enough to play THAT smoothly, would it b enough to play the Zelda titles well?

ANY help on this would be awesome, thanks guys ;) - NATHAN

rhox13

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have extremely low computer necessities. Pretty much any new computer will be good enough to play them.

WW and TP would be harder, and I'm not sure wat the requirements would be.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
WW and TP would be harder, and I'm not sure wat the requirements would be.
The bigger the better, a dual core is almost a must. and by the way its perfect emulation ;) NOTE: no sound yet... This is using the newest dolphin build from the svn.