Laptop questions!

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi , i 've searched for long the search engines to find a good Linux Laptop ,i am not talking about the ASUS EEPC , but i need one with these specifications :
Pentium 4 2.0GHZ or AMD Sempron 3600+ 2.0GHZ
RAM 1GB
HDD 40-100GB (It doesn't matter)
DVD RW and DVD RAM support or integrated
Ethernet , Wireless
Graphic (It doesn't matter 128Mb is enough)

Ok my country cheapest price 388USD
Web cheapest price 339USD +70 to bring it to Albania 409.

Your price and your link if they are cheaper ,are REALLY WELCOMED.
Many thanks in advance to all of you that will help.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Zach you were right ,found out the best deal

Dell Latitude C640 1.8 GHZ
RAM 512
HDD 40GB
DVD RW

for only 255 USD plus 40 to bring it back in my country. Wow its really cheap for me now that i can convert the dollars in my currency LEK i win a lot.

Many thanks. Not necessarily was i looking for those specs.

I was just trying to find a really cheap laptop to run Linspire 6.

I also find a 2.8GHZ intel genuine celeron 1gb ram for 355 USD and this was the greatest laptop.

So many thanks Zach

Last edited:

Ana

Why do you want Linux Linux is not simple enough for normal people.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
LInux is easy enough for people. For example if you know how to turn on your TV ,you can be a LInux normal user. Just use the most appealing distro to you. And of course ,you should read a little bit more than in Windows.

I am using Linspire 6 from 3 months now ,and i am extremely happy with its stronger point CNR(Click and Run Software) where you can install anything with a simple mouse click . More easier than this ,i really don't know what is.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Laptop is not that powerfully. It is good for business or just for travel. The desktop is the best one and overall powerful computer. Why do you need laptop for ? For emulators..like PCSX2 ?? Then it is a crap. It is better for desktop but if you are doing it something else like email, chat and many things then you should buy cheaper laptop such as 400-600 dollars. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I need laptop only for one thing WIRELESS INTERNET. To be more specific to download large torrents over 20GB each. And in this desktop could not be compared to the Laptop.

Zach

People are entitled to their own opinions about Laptops, but if they think powerful models don't exist, they are honestly fooling themselves.

It comes down to what your needs are, and what you are willing to spend. Period.

spotanjo3

@leon_belmont

Cool. Then you will have no problem finding a cheap price for just wireless internet. :p

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I can have wireless in my Desktop but with the speed max to 2MB or if i am lucky 3MB, in Hot spots i download with 11MB minimum download speed,so that's a big difference.

Zach

If you mean MB as in Megabyte, then 2 or 3MB on a desktop is nothing to scoff at.. Most broadband users don't even have those kind of speeds..

If you meant MegaBIT, then it is simply Mb, no capital B.. Seems to be a common typo on the Internet these days :(

I know it tends to confuse me when reading or participating in a discussion and people are unaware of what they are actually saying to represent their Internet speed.

Not trying to pick on you or anything, or anyone else, but I do see this mistake a lot on these forums.. People should know Megabit = Mb / Mbit . Megabyte = MB / MByte.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Yes Zach its 11MB Megabyte(download speed at my preferred hotspot) per second and its great.I love it. I know its not bad 2-3MB for desktop ,but i don't need wireless ,i have a 2MB broadband no limit connection in my home PC.