Lag problems with VBA and No$GBA

MalusCalibur

Hi there,

I've been using VBA for some time now on my current laptop with no problems. However, recently (since March), VBA occasionally slips to about 50-60% run speed while playing, with seemingly no provocation or cure. Eventually it reverts to normal, but it is only a short time before the lag returns-the lag periods are longer than the 'normal' ones.

No$GBA seems to experience almost the exact same problem (the only difference being that the speed drops even further-to about 20-30%), as does any Flash application I run in a browser-leading me to believe that the problem is with hardware rather than the specific software it seems to be affecting.

I have run a full AVG scan (which found nothing), and attempted running the emulators with no other non-essential applications running simultaneously, but the problem persists.

Can anyone offer any insight or help?
(Apologies if this topic is in the wrong place)

Thanks,

MalusCalibur

MalusCalibur

With VBA, the problem persists regardless of what game I attempt to play-though it first began occurring while playing Advance Wars 2, I can't imagine this has any bearing on it.

With No$GBA, the only game I have thus far played (and thus experienced the lag problem) is Pokemon Platinum, but I would imagine it would be the same for any game, in the same way as VBA.

MalusCalibur

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Now thats weird. I guess your computer is running very slow.
Open up task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and tell me Mem Usage of all the applications above 25,000kb.

MalusCalibur

The only process that reaches 25,000K is VBA itself. The closest is 16K, but that's Explorer.
Everything else shown in the task manager uses minimal memory and/or is essential.

MalusCalibur

MalusCalibur

So far, every game I try to play on VBA runs into the same problem-i.e. that the FPS is perfect for a while, then slips to about 50-60% for a long duration.

BoycottAdvance plays no sound during emulation (despite the claim that latest versions did so) and has terrible control support, making it of little use to me; not to mention that VBA worked fine on this laptop until recently, leading me to believe that it is a problem that has arisen and can subsequently be fixed-i.e. I am reluctant to just give up on VBA altogether.

MalusCalibur