kawaks 1.54 cant recognize roms

dajmidivx

Hello, im new in this forum but not new in emulators. I used kawaks 1.47b for emulating and now i got latest version becouse of its support for more roms. I had neogeo.zip which worked in 1.47b version and i placed it in new version (1.54) into folder "roms" -> "neo geo." So i have everithing done for playing (just have to get roms). So i put roms which i played with 1.47b in new version of Kawaks. BUT :mad: it cant recognize any of my roms. I configured paths correctly and put cps-1 roms in "roms" -> "cps-1" folder and cps-2 and neo geo in their folders. But Kawaks still cant recognize any of them... But everithyng worked fine with version 1.47b!?!?!? I dont want to play on old version cause it doesnt have support for many games i want to play... Please can any1 help me with this? :(

hagbard

You're probably missing some new neogeo Bios roms. I' won't work if only one it's missing. You can confirm it either making an audit: "Tools" -> "Audit romsets", then open "winakwaks audit.txt" and look for "neogeo" string; or trying to load any game you know you got: "File" -> "Load game" -> click "all" radio button then start a game.

It has been asked many times (make a forum search and you'll see), but the neogeo bios roms (on neogeo.zip) needed are:
Code:
Name   	        CRC 
sp-s2.sp1       9036d879
sp-s.sp1	c7f2fa45
usa_2slt.bin	e72943de
sp-e.sp1	2723a5b5
asia-s3.rom	91b64be3
vs-bios.rom	f0e8f27d
sp-j2.rom	acede59c
sp1.jipan.1024  9fb0abe4
sm1.sm          197cf998b
000-lo.lo	e09e253c
sfix.sfx	354029fc

Last edited:

dajmidivx

thanx for your quick reply. I know that i cant ask here for neogeo.zip, but is ther any way u can send me a link? maybe on e-mail
*SNIPPED!*
please if u have it send me on mail. I really cant get each of the, i tried many times. No1 would know that u sent it to me :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

hagbard

Ok, but please don't post your email, it's gonna be snipped though. Check your PM ;)

dajmidivx

Sorry for e-mail. I downloaded latest version of neogeo.zip but most of neo geo games which worked with Kawaks 1.47b arent working with Kawaks 1.54. For example: Metal Slug 1, 3 and 4, GoalGoalGoal, Sengoku 2 and 3, Samurai Shodown 4...
When I try to load one of those games i got mesagge that emulator couldnt find .bin for game...
Im starting to realise that roms i have are too old for this new version of Kawaks, but i have hundreds of them and i cant download new roms again...
Is there any chance to make those work?

hagbard

Post the roms per romset you're missing and we'll see what we can do

Last edited:

montpics

Better check of what is missing by audit. :cool:

hagbard

I've already post that :cool:

dajmidivx

I dont think that is a solution. I will have to dl a million of bins to make roms work which worked with old version of Kawaks. I cant understand why for new version I must have new roms. I really dont see a point of it. I think ill let all go

Thanx on every1s help

hagbard

Roms change as soon as new verifed dumps come out.

I think it's a solution: Probably only a few roms have changed, and not the biggest ones. There're patches, for example.

montpics

New verified dumps = More closer to the arcade version.

But don't worry as there is not much big changes around two versions. It just need patches or encrypt/decrypt.

Note :
I just remember, the previous version of Kawaks were a little bit of troublesome as it didn't follow the MAME's romsets as the developer add some files which is not officially included in MAME. Furthermore, every version of Kawaks is 2 totally different at that time.

Gladly, this time, Kawaks team knew the problem and change the romsets which is much similar to MAME romlists. :cool: