ISO file worked fine...now doesn't/PAL?

wildcat84

I had an ISO file for the game Klonoa Door to Phantomile,when I first got it I played through a few levels and it worked fine...saved my progress and went on too something else.

Since then Iv gotten other ISO files that Iv been playing.Now today I got Dino Crisis and started it up...I guess I hadnt notice cause it turned out to be a PAL version instead of an NTSC version,I played a bit and assumed it was fine but then I went back to play Klonoa,only now it had a great deal of slowdown,random pausing and overall just all glitched up.

I checked my other ISOs and they were fine...but Im wondering if the PAL file somehow messed things up,but ePSXe is compatible with PAL isnt it...yeah,but I went ahead and re-installed ePSXe setting it up ect..tryed Klonoa again and was still glitched up.Soooo then I downloaded ANOTHER Klonoa file from a diffrent site...and its still all glitched up.

How can an ISO file that worked fine to begin with all of sudden bug-out by itself? Does it have something to do with the PAL file? I wouldnt think so.

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
Perhaps while you were playin all those different ISOs you changed your video plug-ins or its settings?

wildcat84

Perhaps while you were playin all those different ISOs you changed your video plug-ins or its settings?

Hmmm..never thought of that,as a matter of fact I first played Klonoa with ePSXe in its standard setttings...since then I changed the window number to the size of my screen/res(1280x800).Thanks...I'll change it back and see if it works ;)

EDIT: Well I changed back the default screen resolution and it seems to have solved the problem,no more slowdown or glitches...but when I turned it back up to 1280x800 the problems return.

Weird because all my other ISOs run fine in 1280x800 res...so this means whenever I wanna play Klonoa I have to turn down the resolution,which in turn makes the graphics look more blocky...well whatever,I guess beggars can't be choosers,its free and its a very rare game so Im happy with it :D

Last edited: