Emulator Problem: In search for an Emulator...

Uryu

Hello dear members,

The most of you will probably know the Retron 5 [If not (hyperkin com/Retron5/)]
I neither like the (fake)retro-aspect of the console, nor that the company behind it (read a bit about them and you will probably understand why), but there is one really (at least in my opinion) intriguing thing about it.
And that is the interface (or the G.U.I.) that they slapped on it.

So, what I am looking for is an emulator for Windows, that can provide such an (controller friendly) interface.
Everything my search brought upon me, was a dozen way to add my games to steam and use steams big picture Overlay.
But what I want, is to control everything from Game changes to savestates in a clean and nice interface.

There are even emulator for the Wii that provide this, so there has to be at least one or two for windows, right?

gondracorn

So, are you saying you want to emulate windows, right? On what platform are you seeking to do this upon? Linux? Unix? Redhat? OS? Ubuntu? Debian? Tell me about your comptuer's operating system! Don't forget to add your graphics card, your RAM, and your CPU + cores.

Sigh... in reality, this is not the right forum for this... This is a gaming forum, not a computer/operating system forum. But nonetheless, you've been replied by an experienced user of this field.

Uryu

Thank you very much for your reply!!!!

But you get the wrong idea of what I am looking for!

I'm looking for any Console-Emulator FOR Windows(!) that has an GUI that is clean and usable with an Controller!

I look for something like this hyperkin com/RetronRetail/images/ui01.png

gondracorn

So, which console are you looking for? If your looking or a multi-platform, your pretty much out of luck. Dolphin us one of the few emulators which plays more than two console systems.

I still need to know what kind of computer/laptop you have for performance and quality gameplay

Uryu

I'm not looking for Multiplatform, I would love to find one for the NES, SNES or even the PS1, but for starters I would take any Emulator that I can get to have a point from where I can find other.

I'm not entirely new to Emulation and have already an emulator for almost anything, but none of them has a controller friendly GUI.

Last edited:

Uryu

I dont know why but this is the only way right now that i can post my PC-Specs
EDIT: shit, that didn't work... new try...
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM - 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz
Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3
Graphics - 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Storage -117GB SanDisk SDSSDP128G ATA Device (SSD)
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 ATA Device
1863GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABB200 ATA Device
931GB TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 USB Device
1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0820 USB Device
Optical Drives - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 ATA Device
Audio - VIA HD Audio (On-Board 5.1)

Last edited:

gondracorn

you have a decent computer. I would suggest Epsxe (PSONE), PCSX2 (PSTWO), Project 64 (Nintendo 64), and NO$GBA, and DESMUME

Dolphin may be out of your league, but you can try it and see.

On second thought, try PCSX2... and equip it with the plugin known as Lilypad. Use an XBOX 360 or Logitech F310/710 Controller for compatibility.

Also, for the Logitech controller, it's buggy, so when it fails, go to your hardware options, and manually install the XBOX360 Wireless Controller.

For Project 64, use the Nrage Controller Plugin.

Dolphin is the only other one that I know of that supports these two controllers.

Last edited:

Uryu

First off thanks for your reply and your time but I think I still didn't clarified enough what I'm looking for.

I know about the best emulator for the different systems and I know how to make an controller work with different programs that don't support them, I use everything from original controllers up to my PS4 Controller to play my emulated games (btw. Dolphin runs just fine for almost all games, there are a few that I can't run on 2xHD XD).

What I'm am looking for is an Emulator for the Windows system that has an Graphical Interface that allows me to control everything from my selected game to savestates an cheats without using an mouse or keyboard and without mapping the keyboard commands to the controller, I search for an Emulator that allows me to control it like you control the emulators on the retron or for the nintendo wii.

I know that there are workarounds through emulator frontends, but until now I could neither find an emulator nor an frontend that gave me all the options I am looking for.

If you or anyone else on this forum would at least know an frontend or an emulator or any program at all that would allow me to use commands like the creation and loading of a savestate WITHOUT keyboard/controller input but instead through an nice looking interface than you would help me more than you can think of.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You want A or B...

A) a frontend: (example quickplay). A frontend is a simple GUI that finds all your emulators and sets them up so it's one one click to game. There are arcade front ends like HyperSpin and desktop front ends like quickplay.

b) a multi emulator: (example bizhawk). A multi emulator uses emulators cores and is all contained in one program. Unlike the frontends you don't need to have the emulators on the computer already. This program has the emulator cores in it.

Last edited:

Uryu

I don't WANT neither of that.
I don't care about having all emulators in one Program, what I WANT is to be able to control all functions of an emulator with the controller in a environment that doesn't look like it create in Windows XP.
I know that I can Map buttons or shortcuts to my controller but i want something that looks and feels like it was supposed to be used in that way.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I get it. What you want in an emulator whose all functions can be controlled using a gamepad/controller without the use of a keyboard & mouse. By all functions you not only mean the game controls but pretty much everything just like when you load a game and you can browse menus etc using the controller.

Unfortunately I do not know of such an emulator that runs on a PC, the closest thing I have seen for that are emulators that run on consoles (a good example was the Retron5 you mentioned or the everdrive carts).

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
What I'm am looking for is an Emulator for the Windows system that has an Graphical Interface that allows me to control everything from my selected game to savestates an cheats without using an mouse or keyboard and without mapping the keyboard commands to the controller, I search for an Emulator that allows me to control it like you control the emulators on the retron or for the nintendo wii.

Ok, so we are talking specific to emulators, then get xpadder. No emulators will allow that, you have to use a 3rd party program to map all that specific direction. With xpadder you can tell it to load a mapping per emulator. Once the emulator runs, it will load the right mappings. You can also look in to glovePI.

Last edited:

Uryu

Sorry that I retrieve this almost dead Post, but I wanted to thank everyone that at least tried to help me!!! ~[~'w'~]~