In need of a PS3 emulator and BIOS for GTA V etc.

CommodoreC2N

Hi folks.

I had a PS3 not long ago but gave it to a good friend of mine just after I got a new PC. Since GTA V was released I've been waiting for Rockstar to confirm there's gonna be a PC conversion but they play their cards close to their chest which is probably very wise. So I went and bought the Blu-ray of GTA V for the PS3 of course out of impatience, hoping there's either an emulator that'll run it or as a last resort ready for if I have to get another PS3 just for that really.

When I searched for PS3 emulators on Google there were several but I notice rpcs3 is the only one listed on this site. Is that definately the only one that's legitimate and would it be able to run GTA V? Also, now I haven't got a PS3 anymore how do I get the required BIOS files for the emulator to actually work?

I've seen quite a few YT videos of at least two other PS3 emulators running GTA V (and very well too) but the only way to download them or at least the BIOS files is to do a survey which is supposed to unlock the download. I tried this three times but it never worked and all I got was the resulting spam e-mails.

Any advice would be great. Cheers.

dan007

Dont download any emulators on yt, they're all fake/virus. rpcs3 is the only real emulator so far, but it can run only small homebrew. Also PS3 emulation is still impossible, you dont have to worry about gta5 anyway because the pc version has been coinfirmed and will be released this year so just be patient. Sorry if i couldnt help you but like i said ps3 emulation is really impossible (just like xbox) maybe with years but i doubt it

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
hoping there's either an emulator that'll run it or as a last resort ready for if I have to get another PS3 just for that really.
hmm, I guess without experience there will always be mistakes but yeah that was a false hope. A full working Ps4 emulator will show before ps3 if any ever.

When I searched for PS3 emulators on Google there were several but I notice rpcs3 is the only one listed on this site.
Right that is the only ps3 emulator but as you see it does not emulate games. If they magically made it read game code it would not be playable for many years do to that hard to emulate CEL chip.

I've seen quite a few YT videos of at least two other PS3 emulators running GTA V (and very well too) but the only way to download them or at least the BIOS files is to do a survey which is supposed to unlock the download.
YT, you think your going to find a emulator on YT? Sony, the company known for trying to sue companies that making emulators for there games would have the YT link down quicker then blonde in a frat house.

This topic serves well for the old saying. Don't believe everything you see or read.

Last edited: