IMPORTANT: ATI Radeon Users...

Jale

I know most of you own nVIDIA cards, but this thread is for ATI users, both members and guests. If you happen to have or downloaded the ATI Radeon video card driver for Windows XP under the file name of 7-8_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_50960.exe (v7.8), DON'T INSTALL IT!. No, it doesn't contain viruses or anything like that. According to my experience with this driver, it's a huge mess and not to say it's buggy too. Sometimes it makes your processor's use go to 100% and make your system unstable. That means newer is not always better.

About a week later, AMD released a new version of the driver under the name of 7-9_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_52443.exe (v7.9) and works like a charm, smooth even with higher resolutions.

Also, AMD opened a special gaming site for gaming stuff and AMD drivers for video cards such as ATI.

http://game.amd.com

PD: It's always a good idea to remove the old software before installing the new one.

Alucard_The_Dex

Angery Mame User
I usually get the lastest Video driver upon buying the product and well not updating it ever again.....sounds weird but I honestly never have that big of an issue with drivers. Think i just have pure clean good luck there o_O