I need help with VBA link for Final Fantasy Tatics advance

darklord

I tried to link in Final Fantasy Tactics advance (2 Advance VisualBoys) , but there 's always the message : " Link broken " . Anybody know how to fix it ? :)

ShoujoAkuma

Actually......
I've both seen it online some places, and had friends irl and online tell me about it. Supposedly it works well, but I haven't had a chance to try it though.... I don't remember where I saw it online, so you'll have to look yourself.

Zach

Well your the one who wants it, so I imagine you'll be the one looking for themself..

Chances are if you can't find it, it doesn't exist though. This is straight out of Virtualboy Advance's FAQ.

http://vba.ngemu.com/faq.shtml#cat11_0

# Why don't you add link?
Link sounds great but it is far more difficult than most people think.

Often users will mention that Snes9x (or other emulators) have link support, so it shouldn't be hard to add it to the emulator.

Truth is that SNES (and any other console) are completely different than handhelds. Let's compare:

* console - a console normally supports multiplayer by nature: you can plug multiple controllers and have several people share the same console and play together. One console, one cartridge, multiple players.
* handheld - handhelds are designed for single player on a single unit. To achieve multiplayer, a link cable is needed. This allows the different units to communicate and achieve the multiplayer effect. Multiple units linked together, multiple players.

On the console case, it is easier to add multiplayer because you can just link two instances of the emulator and only send the keys of each player. They don't have any communications feature by nature.

Handhelds on the other hand have built-in communication features which allow full speed communication between units. This is a lot harder to emulate: it requires a full connection between two emulators which need to be correctly synchronized or nothing works. It is a lot harder to achieve.
[Back to top]

# Will link ever be supported?
For the time being, I've decided not to add link support. The reason is that link would increase the interest in the emulator by users using illegal copies of software.

If there are hacked versions of VBA out there, or a different emulator no one really talks about then sure it's a possibility. But that's all I know.

Last edited: