How does it work?..

jawwady2k

So i want to get nintendo or other classic games to play on my PSP...can someone pls tell me what i need to do?
Thanks

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Sorry I didnt see your reply.

The firmware you have got is perfect for running homebrew on. There are newer custom firmwares out there but if you are just wanting to run Nintendo emulators the firmware you have got is fine.

Which nintendo systems do you want to emulate? There are NES, GB and SNES emulators for the PSP that run near enough flawlessly which lots of added features. There is an N64 emulator but it is a little slow but can play a few games such as Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 at a playable speed.

Also there is a GBA emulator called gpSP which although has only had 3/4 beta releases can run most games at a decent speed and sound with only minor errors.

You will have to find the roms (The actual games) and bios (software that helps the emulator run the games) yourself as they are copyright. Try google.

The can download the emulators from PSPUpdates.qj.net. Depending on how your firmware is setup you will have to either copy two folders (folder and folder%) into X:/PSP/GAME/ or X:/PSP/GAME150/

Hope this helps

Last edited: