Computer Problem: How do i make a rom selfbootable?

nexus382

I'm assuming there is a program to make roms selfbooting.
I would love for some one with some knowledge on this subject to please help me out.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
When you say "roms" are you referring to any rom in specific? For example a nes rom is an image of a game, so there is no way to make it boot. Now on the other hand you can associate a rom file to a program in windows. This way it will run the emulator and launch the game. Is this what you want?

nexus382

I apologize. Let me rephrase. I like my Dreamcast emulators. I like DC games. A lot of them I "stumble upon" ARNT bootable. Is there a program I can run them thru to make them bootable?

nexus382

The link is no good for the download. Here's what I'm doing. I'm trying to play silver. Favorite Dreamcast game. The rom I have is not self booting so when I load the image, all I get is the music player screen. From what I read, that means the rom isn't self booting. I downloaded a program that said it makes a self booting image and it didnt work. I'm new to this part of the emulator world and would love to learn how to fix the roms that ARNT self booting.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont really deal with all that non-sense for my DC emulation. All of my roms are bin/cue and seem to load fine? Now granted it helps to know were to find good roms and of course its suggested you dump you own game ;) ;) Though, that aside I dont know much more about how to self boot roms and strongly encourage one to find a set that already has bootable roms.

I think the DC scene mainly goes to segastyle.com for info. but its been dead for so long now that no one needs to do that any more. If you burned a game without doing the self boot you can try this pages as well but its possible all links are broken.