How can I over clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjustin2

S.O.U._Hawk Eye
Is it possible to overclock my Hp notebook up to 2.0? I've never overclocked a thing, I've looked into my start up menus,but cant do nothing with it.
What do i need?:(
I want to unleash ram. How do i do that. Unshare and over clock it.

Last edited:

Jale

If you unshare RAM, you won't be able to run any Direct3D application such as games. Games require at least 8 MB of shared RAM.

Hjustin2

S.O.U._Hawk Eye
Alright thanks for that Hint.
Is it possible to overclock my Hp notebook up to 2.0? I've never overclocked a thing, I've looked into my start up menus,but cant do nothing with it.
What do i need?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Overclocking is done in the bios (accessed by pressing a button usually F4 or Del during POST).

There are a couple of things to think about. When overclocking always do it by tiny increments (a few Mhz at a time) then power down, reboot and make sure the system is stable.
For every extra Mhz you add in speed you also increase the temperature your chip runs at. Running it too fast or with insufficient cooling will damage the chip and other components and can lead to complete system failure.
Because of the thermal characteristics and issues that already exist with laptops I wouldn't advise overclocking it at all TBH. If you don't know what you are doing I wouldn't recommend you start messing about with bios settings for the first time without someone who knows what they are looking at as you can completely bust your computer if you get it wrong enough.

Terms to google are Front Side Bus settings, Ram timings, and processor clock speeds to get an idea how multipliers work and how the FSB, RAM and processor work together and how overclocking one can affect the others.

The laptop you have just isn't designed as a gaming machine, there's not really anything you can do to change or improve that. You either need to buy a desktop PC which you can upgrade or you need to buy a gaming spec laptop with a dedicated graphics card.

Last edited:

Hjustin2

S.O.U._Hawk Eye
Thanks guys i got my answer just before Trucker replied, I looked around online and looked at the Risk and Heat problems it makes with a laptop. They do get hot enough.
Thanks again.
Consider the Thread closed to who ever Host is

Status
Not open for further replies.