Help with playing games

brucelee91

Is ther another way to play the games strait from the mame itself? the only way i know how to play is say i was playing MK2 i drag the MK2 rar file and drop it in to the mame icon and it starst up no prob.. But when i open mame there are hundreds of games including MK2 but i cannot play from there how will i install it to the mame? Thanks you to anyone who helps

Jale

Run MAME from the command line or MS-DOS program and then the game name. Let's say you wanna run Killer Instinct you should put "mame kinst".

Jale

If you are running Windows XP, you can find it by clicking on Start --> All Programs --> Accesories and you'll see the command line with this icon:
commandlineicon9xm.jpg

Then, depending on where you installed MAME, you should look for it through the command line. Let's say you installed MAME in C: and you created a "MAME" folder in there. When you open the command line, you'll see the following:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\*your windows account*>_
Type "CD.." 2 times until you get to this:

Code:
C:\>_
Then type the following:

Code:
C:\>cd mame
And then, type:

Code:
C:\mame\>mame *game name*
And that's all.

There's a version of MAME called MAME32 which has a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to make things easier. Go to the main site and look for it in the MAME section.

Notice that in the MAME forder there's a "rom" directory. You should uncompress the files and put them in there.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Use mame32 , it worked fine for me..or use mame32 Plus! because its got more effects that you can add so you get the best picture you like or get as close to a TV arcade look as you want.

(mame32 Plus! has even hq2x and hq3x image scaling it looks very good)