help with nebula

targetscooter

hi, i am VERY new to this stuff and not very techincal with computer stuff and i recently downloaded the NEBULA emulator and i extracted the stuff from the zip files....but for some reason it doesnt work. i am unable to play any of the listed games on it, and everytime i click on a title, this message shows up:

Error:
so and so files not found
WARNING! Some roms are missing or different
Continue?

and if i click yes, the whole thing just shuts down....am i missing something here???

Zerpentos

Exactly what Robert said.

ROM stands for Read-Only Memory. In our case, a rom is a file that keeps its data even when the console/computer is turned off. It cannot be edited, except for the first time when it is being made. The other exception is rom hacking, and this can only be done by skilled hex editors.

In our case, roms are game files. More than one are needed to create a game. There are graphics roms, sound/music roms, text roms, program roms, etc.

Just search for the game you want to play, specifically for Neo-Geo. Find it and download it. The format you downloaded it in should be a ZIP. Once you have this, do not unpack the roms out of the zip. Just place it into your roms folder and you're good to go.

Feel free to post problems you encounter here and I'll solve them (Or I'll try if I can't).

Last edited: