help with cps3

TheAdMan

I'm using mame32 v.119u2 - I have all the needed files for SFIII 2nd Impact (Japan), placed the zip in roms folder as usual, the game loads but it ends up frozen at a screen with "CD-ROM" amidst a bunch of Japanese text.

I must be missing something here, if you can excuse my ignorance help would be appreciated.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The first time you boot a CPSIII game it has boot the game from the CD-ROM (CHD). This takes about 30 minutes and is exactly what happens with the original machine. You only need to do it the first time you play so once the game is unpacked it will boot straight away from then on.

spotanjo3

I'm using mame32 v.119u2 - I have all the needed files for SFIII 2nd Impact (Japan), placed the zip in roms folder as usual, the game loads but it ends up frozen at a screen with "CD-ROM" amidst a bunch of Japanese text.

I must be missing something here, if you can excuse my ignorance help would be appreciated.

Why japan ? You can use USA version and mine does. He is right. Wait for it to finish loading it for the first time then that's all. :)