Help? Please

chaoticx

Hello, I really need some help here. Im very new at this emulation stuff. I just bought a psp that has 1.51 firmware. I downloaded a Sega Genesis Emulator from........ which directed me to another site. I also Downloaded some roms from.........for the gensis. I extracted and moved the pspgensis folder to my game folder, everything was dragged with it. I also put a couple roms in the rom folder. When i go to look at my memory it just shows "corrupt data"
what am i doing wrong ... i cant figure it out thanks
ps. if i posted this in the wrong section im sorry or if this was covered my bad .. im still haveing a hard time :dry:

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You will need to first update to 2.00 using this update. Create and folder in PSP/GAME called UPDATE and copy the update into that.

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP <--- 2.00 update

Run the update and you should upgrade to 2.00. Follow the on screen instructions carefully.

Then download the MPH Downgrader here and copy the overflow.tif file to PSP/PHOTO and the h.bin and index.dat to the root of the memory stick.
note: Antivirus software detects this as a trojan, just disable it while you download it and copy it to your psp.

X:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif
X:/h.bin
X:/index.dat

Download the 1.5 update here and copy it into the UPDATE folder you created earlier, overwrite the old 2.00 EBOOT.PBP

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP <--- 1.50 update

Run the update and you should be downgraded to 1.5. Follow the on screen instructions carefully.

1.5 is the golden firmware. With this firmware you can run all the homebrew such as those emulator youve downloaded.

note: When upgrading to 2.00 and downgrading to 1.5 make sure the battery is fully charged and dont take the charger out. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS

PS - Remove those links to roms sites, they violate these forums rules.
PPS - Your are in the wrong section.
PPPS - Dont bump 15 minutes after creating a post

Last edited:

chaoticx

im still haveing a bit of a problem i did the whole 2.0 upgrade and the replaced it with the 1.50 downgrader

and then i did this

X:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif
X:/h.bin
X:/index.dat

(sorry im a new but when it says copy to the root of the memory stick that just means in the psp folder?)

i go to photos and then my psp freezes and shuts off
then i go to the 1.50 on my psp and it says " The system software on your psps system is version 2.00 There is no need to update"

im pretty sure i did everything right ... i followed your instructions can u tell me what i am doing wrong please.. I wont ask you again.. i just want this to work:p

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Backup all your important files (Savedata, Music etc)

Just copy everything from inside PSP/SAVEDATA to your PC.

Then format your memory stick. Settings>System Settings>Format Memory stick.

^^ Follow those instructions again. ^^

note: The Updating (Downgrading) to firmware 1.5 will only work after you have "tried" viewing the photo.

When you try to view the overflow.tif file a buffer overflow occurs which causes a program (The h.bin file) to run which deletes a file from inside the PSP called index.dat which contains the PSP firmware current version (Which at the moment is 2.00) and replaces it with the index.dat from the memory stick which is the same as the original index.dat but it says it version 1.00, allowing the 1.5 update to run.

Something else i forgot to mention is when you are "updating" to 1.5 it will freeze at 99%. When it does that wait 30 seconds, then completely shut off your PSP. When you turn it on again you will see a blue screen, follow the instructions to reset to the default settings.

gforce75

Cloud
Are your ROMS corrupt? Could be a possible small side issue.